St. Francis School
Tel: (502) 736-1009
- St. Francis is an Independent, non-denominational, progressive, co-ed, Preschool 12th grade school located on two campuses: Goshen (Age 2-8th) and Downtown (9th-12th) with approximately 460 students.
- Our Mission is to cultivate a joyful, compassionate, intellectual community that celebrates individuality and inspires independent thinking for life.
- St. Francis School is characterized by personal attention, small class sizes, diversity, dedication to student voice, commitment to community service, student-centric extracurriculars, and outstanding teachers who are dedicated to their subject areas and to students.
- Inside and outside the classroom, the atmosphere at St. Francis School is one of joy that also prepares students successfully for college and for life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||454 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||67 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 20|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,900|
|Admissions Director||Trisha Amirault & Toni Robinson|
|Admissions Associate||Kelli Carter|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Black Students Association, Climate Club, Gender Rights & Equality Initiative, Governor's Cup, Kentucky United Nations Assembly (KUNA), Kentucky Youth Assembly (KYA), Math League/Counts, NaNoWriMo, Quick Recall, Science Olympiad, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
All-State, Choir, Jazz Ensemble, Playwriting, Theatre & Drama, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The school philosophy is based on the Progressive school movement founded by John Dewey and Francis Parker in the early 1900s as a response to the assembly line, "one-size-fits-all" school model. Progressive schools, on the other hand, believe that students achieve milestones at different rates and therefore that education should be customized for individual students as much as possible. Like St. Francis, Progressive schools are student-centered, community service-minded, diverse, experiential, and participatory; they require students to be fully engaged participants in the learning process.
- St. Francis is also one of 100 schools in the U.S. named as a Confucius Classroom for its Chinese language program, and its middle school drama program is nationally recognized by the National Youth Arts Awards.
- St. Francis School is fully accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), certified by the Kentucky Department of Education, and is a member of the following organizations: National Association of Independent Schools, Kentucky Association of Independent Schools, Kentucky Non-Public Schools Commission, Elementary Schools Heads Association, National Middle School Association, Center for Spiritual and Ethical Education, and the National Association for Gifted Children.
- The Preschool received a superior rating in the Kentucky STARS program and is recognized as an exemplary program by the Kentucky Department of Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Latonia Grades: 9-12 | 349 students
3617 Church St
Latonia, KY 41015
(859) 431-1335 72.1 9-12
- Louisville Grades: NS-PK | 160 students
2401 Woodbourne Avenue
Louisville, KY 40205
(502) 451-3434 14.2 NS-PK
- Louisville Grades: PK-8 | 229 students
901 Breckenridge Ln
Louisville, KY 40207
(502) 899-1822 12.6 PK-8
- Louisville Grades: NS-K | 148 students
1011 Cherokee Road
Louisville, KY 40204
(502) 456-6991 14.6 NS-K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.