St George's Independent School
- St. George's Independent School is a co-educational school of excellence preparing students for a life of learning and meaningful contribution through dedication to high academic achievement and the development of moral character reinforced by judeo Christian values.
- Our philosophy is student-centered. High academic standards are balanced by the recognition that students may excel and learn in many areas, whether in the classroom, on the athletic field, in the art studio, or on the stage.
- Our educational approach is holistic; we nurture students' bodies and souls, as well as their minds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1167 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||124 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Memphis Grades: 7-12 | 630 students
6191 Park Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119
(901)260-1304 9.1 7-12
- Memphis Grades: NS-8 | 100 students
670 South Highland St
Memphis, TN 38111
(901)323-1344 14.2 NS-8
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.