St. James Elementary School
- St. James is a Catholic elementary school located in the Mission District of San Francisco.
- It is administered by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose in association with their lay partners.
- This school serves children of families of varied cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Empowered by Jesus and his teachings, we accept the responsibility to help develop the gifts and talents of students, parents, and staff alike.
- We challenge our students to recognize the importance of their role as future world leaders in light of the Gospel mandate to serve one another in love.
- As leaders of our faith community, the faculty strives to instill in our students a strong sense of Catholic/Christian values, moral responsibility, appropriate decision making skills and sense of self worth.
- We hope to empower students to reach their full potential by our efforts to develop the whole child, thus enabling the students to continually grow as positive, contributing members of the Church and society.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||191 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 248 students
419 Hearst Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 618 students
660 Vicente Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
- San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 253 students
665 Elizabeth St
San Francisco, CA 94114
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 296 students
925 Chenery St
San Francisco, CA 94131
- San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
3839 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.