St. James Preparatory School
- Founded in 1999 as an academy of distinction for grades 6 through 12, the St. James Preparatory School (SJP) strives to prepare students for leadership in the 21st Century by emphasizing academic excellence, scholarship, achievement, diversity, and community outreach.
- SJP offers a strong interdisciplinary curriculum that makes use of current technology and embraces the multicultural perspectives of Newark, the larger community, and the world.
- With an educational model that offers structured small classes, moral development, individual support, and positive reinforcement, SJP is committed to developing and equipping students for future academic and professional pursuits.
- Since its inception, SJP has been preparing students for leadership roles in the 21st century by emphasizing academic excellence, character development, faith formation and community service in an environment that is Christ-centered, biblically-based, ethically sensitive, technologically advanced and multicultural in its purview.
- Utilize holistic teaching strategies that emphasize Christian values to provide students with the tools necessary to: communicate effectively, think critically, conceptualize creatively, work collectively, and strategize globally.
|Religious Affiliation||African Methodist Episcopal|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elizabeth Grades: 9-12 | 183 students
840 N Broad St
Elizabeth, NJ 07208
(908)352-0670 4 9-12
- Montclair Grades: 9-12 | 173 students
33 Cottage Place
Montclair, NJ 07042
(973)744-7445 6 9-12
- Bayonne Grades: 9-12 | 415 students
1241 Kennedy Blvd
Bayonne, NJ 07002
(201)437-4545 5 9-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.