St Jerome Elementary School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Saint Jerome Catholic Elementary School was established in 1957 by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur and is grounded in the proud tradition of Catholic education. The Saint Jerome School community inspires students to achieve academic excellence, to keep faith at the center of all they do, and to promote good citizenship through acts of Christian service within our community and beyond.
- There is so much that happens here at St. Jerome School! Please check out our website at www.stjeromeschoolweymouth.org
St Jerome Elementary School places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning difference|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms are determined by grade level )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates for more than one child can be found on our website.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Hannan|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, Robotics Program, Rosary Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band and Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Saint Jerome School is a safe, happy school where children are challenged to achieve academically, to grow in their faith and to find needs greater than their own and try to meet them through service.
- Our belief in "Parents as Partners" has allowed us to create a positive bridge between the school and the home.
- We enroll children 3 years old through grade 8 woth teachers certified for the specialities they teach. We offer a program rich in academics including Spanish, Latin and Italian and offer a wide array of extracurricular activities. We have an award winning robotics team and beautiful new spaces for our middle school, our Science and Art Center and our performance stage where music, band instruction and drama club productions take place. Our students are helped to believe in their own potential and challenged to succeed.
- Every day is an Open House as we want guests to see what we do every day to build the joy in learning and the satisfaction that comes through achievement. Please visit us at your convenience to see for yourself all the great things happening at Saint Jerome School.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Braintree Grades: PK-8 | 280 students
850 Washington St
Braintree, MA 02184
(781)848-0842 4.3 PK-8
- Brockton Grades: K-8 | 147 students
26 Saint Casimir Avenue
Brockton, MA 02302
(508)587-7367 10.5 K-8
- Chestnut Hill Grades: NS-6 | 327 students
20 Manet Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
(617)527-7540 13.6 NS-6
- Hingham Grades: NS-8 | 185 students
18 Fearing Rd
Hingham, MA 02043
(781)749-2407 2.5 NS-8
It is my true joy to be the principal of Saint Jerome School. I invite all parents and grandparents interested in a school where children are challenged to reach their highest potential, to grow in faith, and to learn the value of service to come in for a visit. Ranked among the top 10 schools in the Archdiocese, proud of the success of our alumni and honored by the partnership with our parents, we are a school where your child will learn and grow every day. Our students, from ages 3 through grade 8 delight us every day! Please come in to see for yourself all that could help shape your child's future!
- Posted by Administrator - Kathleen Puleo
Saint Jerome school has been a great experience for my child both academically and socially. The small class size allows the kids get to know their teachers and classmates very well. The school offers many extra curricular activities, such as band, drama, basketball and lego robotics. The school is very much a community of which faith and service are an integral part.
- Posted by Parent - beach
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.