St. John Bosco Academy
- We work to form well-rounded Catholic leaders convinced of the truth, who will leave their mark in shaping a new civilization of justice and love, spreading the Kingdom of Christ by taking their place as responsible and qualified leaders in the family, in the community, in the Church, and in the world.
- To Teach the Mind: Giving students a foundation in the truth in all subjects so they can study, analyze, and build upon this foundation. Truth is the foundation of knowledge from which all other learning flows.
- To Educate the Heart: Educating a student's heart and senses with a love for what is right, good, noble, just and beautiful through the study of arts, literature, and Christianity.
- To Form the Character: Encouraging and helping to form in each student a sense of responsibility, service to others, integrity in word and deed, perseverance, manners and a practice of the virtues.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(polos & dress pants or skirts. No jackets)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact us for current tuition rates. Rates are among the lowest in the state.|
|Admissions Director||Amy Gorges|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Bowl, Chess club, Other student-initiated clubs, Student Government, Yearbook club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Summit Academy is a private Catholic School recognized and approved by and within the Diocese of Boise.
- It is located in central Idaho outside of the rural town of Cottonwood.
- Summit Academy provides a well-rounded education based on the Christian view of the person and strives to develop all dimensions of the person: intellectual, human (or character), spiritual, and apostolic.
- Summit Academy aims to help students in grades Pre-K through 12th to rise above mediocrity by encouraging them to strive "ever higher" (excelsior): in their studies, their work, their relationships with God and others, their personal development and virtue, and their understanding of their greater mission to "sanctify the temporal order."
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.