St. John Bosco Academy
- We work to form well-rounded Catholic leaders convinced of the truth, who will leave their mark in shaping a new civilization of justice and love, spreading the Kingdom of Christ by taking their place as responsible and qualified leaders in the family, in the community, in the Church, and in the world.
- To Teach the Mind: Giving students a foundation in the truth in all subjects so they can study, analyze, and build upon this foundation. Truth is the foundation of knowledge from which all other learning flows.
- To Educate the Heart: Educating a student's heart and senses with a love for what is right, good, noble, just and beautiful through the study of arts, literature, and Christianity.
- To Form the Character: Encouraging and helping to form in each student a sense of responsibility, service to others, integrity in word and deed, perseverance, manners and a practice of the virtues.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(polos & dress pants or skirts. No jackets)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact us for current tuition rates. Rates are among the lowest in the state.|
|Admissions Director||Amy Gorges|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Bowl, Chess club, Other student-initiated clubs, Student Government, Yearbook club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Summit Academy is a private Catholic School recognized and approved by and within the Diocese of Boise.
- It is located in central Idaho outside of the rural town of Cottonwood.
- Summit Academy provides a well-rounded education based on the Christian view of the person and strives to develop all dimensions of the person: intellectual, human (or character), spiritual, and apostolic.
- Summit Academy aims to help students in grades Pre-K through 12th to rise above mediocrity by encouraging them to strive "ever higher" (excelsior): in their studies, their work, their relationships with God and others, their personal development and virtue, and their understanding of their greater mission to "sanctify the temporal order."
Profile last updated:
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.