St. John Bosco Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. John Bosco School educates youth academically and spiritually in the Catholic, Salesian tradition of Reason, Religion and Loving Kindness.
- It is a school where children love to Learn and learn to Love.
- We also believe that the specific function of a Catholic, Salesian School is to develop the human powers of each student – religious, moral, academic, psychological, cultural, social, physical, and aesthetic – thus preparing our youth “to open themselves more and more to reality and to form in themselves a clear ideal of life.
- As Salesian educators, we strive to follow the educational approach of St. John Bosco, by creating schools with a family spirit, emphasizing reason, religion and loving kindness, in a positive atmosphere of discipline, friendliness, and cheerfulness.
- In St. John Bosco’s own words, we aim to form our children to be “good Christians and upright citizens, empowering them with a joyful vision and hope of a better world.”.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||441 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Plaid jumpers and white blouses; khaki slacks and navy polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Velma Riojas|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Crafts, Drama Club, Glee Club, Journalism, Junior National Honor Society, Robotics, Student Government, Youth Spirituality Circles Drama Club, Glee Club, Journalism, Robotics, Arts and Crafts,
Junior National Honor Society,
Youth Spirituality Circles,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 993 students
9401 Starcrest Dr
San Antonio, TX 78217
San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 330 students
600 Oblate Dr
San Antonio, TX 78216
San AntonioGrades: K-9 | 385 students
205 W Huisache Ave
San Antonio, TX 78212
San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 270 students
905 Kentucky Ave
San Antonio, TX 78201
San AntonioGrades: 6-12 | 365 students
1215 N. St. Mary's Street
San Antonio, TX 78215
My last of my three children graduated from St. John Bosco School just this year. Their entry level into a strong, college prep, Catholic high school speaks for itself as to how well SJB prepares their students for college. All three of my children tested out of Algebra I, English I . . . this means they will be saving me college dollars during their junior and senior years of high school. This school takes time and care to form their students in Christian values and citizenship. As an SJB parent, I can truly say that this school takes their goals of "heaven and college" most seriously.
- Posted by Parent - alma.
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017