St John Elementary School
- Saint John the Baptist Catholic School is a faith community.
- We bring together our religious and academic instruction for all children.
- Our mission is to nurture each child, guide the child towards good judgment, and promote value and a sense of community in each child.
- We believe in a partnership in which the family and the school together, support, encourage, and discipline the natural and spiritual gifts of the child.
- Parents and teachers together accept the God-given responsibility to nurture, direct and to guide the child toward the Gospel Guidelines and the necessary Life Skills.
- Each child is unique with different academic,social,emotional and religious needs.
- Our efforts will be aimed at ministering to each child and meeting their special needs. St. John the Baptist not only provides its children with strong academic skills, but a curriculum that emphasizes the significance of faith based values.
- We work closely with our parish and community to provide our children and parents with opportunities to dedicate time to much needed charities and services.
- We are able to provide our children with innovative academic excellence, strong Catholic values, and a learning environment that is completely fulfilling and nurturing.
- Our dedication to our community and those in need is embedded throughout our curriculum.
- St. John the Baptist school staff is dedicated to upholding our Christian fundamentals and providing our children with learning experiences that are nurturing, stimulating, and creative.
- We work closely with families to meet the needs of our children, helping to provide an overall healthy, nurtured, creative, academically strong, moral-based, education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Specials Needs, Intervention Support|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Toledo Grades: 9-12 | 579 students
2550 Cherry Street
Toledo, OH 43608
(419) 255-2280 4.5 9-12
- Toledo Grades: PK-K | 198 students
2471 Seaman St
Toledo, OH 43605
(419) 691-6480 4.5 PK-K
- Oregon Grades: PK-K | 115 students
3530 Seaman St
Oregon, OH 43616
(419) 691-6313 4.6 PK-K
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.