- St. John the Baptist Catholic School offers education from preschool through eighth grade.
- Our students encounter learning in a spiritual and enriching environment.
- Class sizes average in the low 20's per room; therefore, the teachers develop a great understanding of each individual child in their classroom.
- In addition to gaining academic skills and experience, the students are engaged in the learning process and encouraged to develop intellectual interest as well as analytical skills.
- Our goal is to have our students grow in their faith, build self-respect and learn how to care for others.
- The students at St. John's consistently score well above the state and national levels on their standardized tests.
- The eighth grade students feed into about 12 different private and public high schools, and over 80% of the St. John's graduates take Advanced Placement classes in high school.
- At St. John's we genuinely care for another and we work hard at supporting each other - faculty-to-faculty, student-to-student and faculty-to-student.
- We work hard to help our students feel happy, safe, supported and appreciated.
- We make every effort to instill Christian values in our students through our words and actions.
- When you visit St. John's, you will see first-hand that our school is different! It is a great place for our young people to grow up.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||520 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Navy/Khaki bottoms and white tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,464|
|Tuition Notes||Call the school office at 952.890.6604.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
- It is the mission of St. John's Catholic School to work with parents to educate children in all aspects of their lives through faith, academic excellence and values. We help children discover and live up to their full potential developing responsibility, respect for self and others with a sense of gratitude. We express this in Christ-like service to the community. At St. John the Baptist School, the faculty considers the mission entrusted by Jesus to His Church of prime importance. Our goal in education is to proclaim the Good News, to form community, and translate this teaching into service. We believe that education should enkindle faith, making it living and viable. In the course of instruction, emphasis is placed on the relation of human culture to the events in salvation history, thus providing continuity of the past within the present.
Profile last updated: 12/02/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JordanGrades: PK-6 | 109 students
215 Broadway St N
Jordan, MN 55352
MinneapolisGrades: K-12 | 233 students
4300 W 98th St
Minneapolis, MN 55437
ShakopeeGrades: PK-8 | 721 students
2700 17th Ave E
Shakopee, MN 55379
ChaskaGrades: PK-8 | 111 students
217 West 2nd Street
Chaska, MN 55318
MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 279 students
2344 Nicollet Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Nearby Homes for Sale
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.