St John The Evangelist School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. John the Evangelist Catholic School provides a climate where faith, trust and love for God and others is encouraged, lived and witnessed; to enable children to develop their potential and to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to contribute to a just and healthy society and establish structures to work for peace in our world.
- St. John School embraces cultural diversity in an atmosphere of understanding and respect.
- St. John the Evangelist School is dedicated to the child totally recognizing each child's share in God's life.
- This total education must prepare him/her not only for life in the foreseeable future but well into the 21st Century.
- School years shape children's understanding and values of themselves and their world.
- The teacher's aim is to stimulate a zest for learning among students, to equip them with decision making and critical thinking skills, to help them develop the abilities to question and reason, and to form a positive attitude toward life with a firm desire to be witnesses to Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Fort LeeGrades: PK-8 | 284 students
359 Whiteman St
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
New YorkGrades: PK-8 | 280 students
147 W 70th St
New York, NY 10023
Jackson HeightsGrades: PK-8 | 586 students
3527 82nd Street
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 610 students
433 W End Ave
New York, NY 10024
Long Island CityGrades: PK-12 | 573 students
3921 Crescent St
Long Island City, NY 11101
St John School provides a positive and safe environment for all students. It is a school in which all teachers are truly dedicated to the spiritual, social, and academic development of their students. Its curriculum is rigorous and engaging. This is an amazing place where children feel welcome and part of a family. St. John school is definetely nourishing a passion for learning in its students.
- Posted by Parent - abrit
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?