St Johns Lower School
- St. John's is an independent, co-educational day school presenting a 13-year sequence of college preparatory training.
- A non-profit institution, it was founded in 1946 to provide the community with a school of exacting standards in the development of individual, spiritual, ethical, intellectual, social and physical growth.
- While the means to achieve that purpose may change, it remains the basic mission of the School.
- The School seeks to develop the whole person in preparation for a lifetime of personal fulfillment and contribution to society.
- In particular, it is dedicated to the enhancement and the expansion of future leadership for Houston and the country.
- The School offers talented, motivated and energetic students a genuine challenge for academic accomplishment and for development of a sense of self-worth and of personal responsibility.
- The School in turn holds itself responsible for providing that challenge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||2221 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||178 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 1375 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
- HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 1206 students
7455 Awty School Ln
Houston, TX 77055
- HoustonGrades: 9-12 | 773 students
4500 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77007
- HoustonGrades: PK-8 | 855 students
2300 Willowick Rd
Houston, TX 77027
- KatyGrades: NS-12
2203 N. Westgreen Blvd
Katy, TX 77449
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.