St Johns Preparatory School
- St. John's Preparatory School is a Catholic, co-educational, urban high school committed to teaching its students Catholic doctrine and values.
- We challenge and encourage our students to grow spiritually, intellectually, emotionally and morally.
- We strive to foster a Christian community by teaching our students that they must love themselves, others and God.
- We encourage our students to develop a sense of responsibility that addresses themselves, their families, their school and the needs of the world beyond the school.
- St. John's Preparatory School is committed to educating an academically, ethnically, socially and racially mixed student body which mirrors the diversity of New York City.
- We promote the development of our students' unique talents through our comprehensive academic and extracurricular programs.
- We foster a deep sense of respect and appreciation in our students for the uniqueness and talents of others.
- We challenge our students to recognize God and each other.
- St. John's Preparatory School intends that the religious, moral, academic, social, physical and creative opportunities offered to our students will help prepare them for the many challenges of life.
- It is our belief that a St. John's Preparatory School education will give our students a strong foundation as they work to build the City of God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||660 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Middle Village Grades: 9-12 | 724 students
6802 Metropolitan Ave
Middle Village, NY 11379
(718)366-7400 5.3 9-12
- Fresh Meadows Grades: 9-12 | 2443 students
6100 Francis Lewis Blvd
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
(718)423-8810 7.8 9-12
- Jamaica Grades: 9-12 | 1546 students
8353 Manton St
Jamaica, NY 11435
(718)441-2100 6.8 9-12
- New Rochelle Grades: K-12 | 840 students
255 Wilmot Road
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914)632-0714 14.6 K-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.