St Joseph Elementary High School
- The mission of St. Joseph School is to form young people by encouraging them to develop a responsible relationship with God, a sound mind and body and a desire to attain academic excellence in an atmosphere that stresses Catholic values out of which will develop morally competent, Christ-centered individuals.
- St. Joseph School aims to provide its young people with a vibrant Christian community in attaining emotional, physical, and mental habits, nurtures desirable social relationships with others by implanting an appreciation for worthwhile activities, pride in accomplishment, and a sense of obedience and loyalty to the laws of community and toward an adulthood based on personal responsibility, creativity, initiative, and enduring values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cottonport Grades: PK-8 | 254 students
850 Front St
Cottonport, LA 71327
(318)876-3651 7.2 PK-8
- Ville Platte Grades: K-8 | 409 students
532 E Main St
Ville Platte, LA 70586
(337)363-3445 28.1 K-8
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.