St. Joseph Elementary School
Saint Joseph School is dedicated to the growth and development of its students to be responsible and participating members of the Catholic Church and of society.
Following the example of Saint Joseph, and in the spirit of Carmel we strive to develop in the students the knowledge of, love for, and practice of our Catholic faith as it has been revealed by God through His Church.
Through the practice of prayer, reception of the Sacraments, devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus present in the Most Blessed Sacrament, exercise of Christian virtue, and in the respect for and service of our neighbor, we guide the children toward living these principles in the family, in peer relations, in the school community, and gradually in the wider environment of parish, neighborhood and the world.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 178 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Average Financial Aid Grant
Mrs. Laura Mejia
- Saint Joseph School has an integrated curriculum encompassing religion and a basic liberal arts program and the sciences which enables us to bring about in each child the development of the whole person:
- physical, and
- aesthetical. Our aim is to help our students develop their talents in an environment that is safe, challenging and loving. Because we are a learning institution,we consider the development of basic skills as vitally important. Homework is given as a supplement to what is learned in the classroom. We offer our students all the State-required subjects, as well as religion, which is taught on a daily basis. Technology is used as needed for teaching, reinforcing and enrichment. We value the participation of parents and their interests in the academic formation of their children with the belief that parents have the primary responsibility for the education of their children. We realize fully the sacrifice they make to have their children here at our school. As a consequence, we take most seriously our privilege and responsibility to educate these children to the best of our ability.
Endorse St. Joseph Elementary School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.