St Joseph High School
- St. Joseph High School is a private Catholic all-boys college Preparatory school located on a seventy-acre tract of land in Metuchen and Edison, New Jersey.
- It is conducted by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, who have been active in American education since their arrival from Lyons France in 1847.
- From 1901 to 1961 St. Joseph's served as a center for training and educating Brothers prior to their apostolate in Catholic education.
- The main school building was dedicated in the spring of 1963.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||683 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Holmdel Grades: 9-12 | 841 students
540A Line Road
Holmdel, NJ 07733
(732)739-0800 15.1 9-12
- Wayne Grades: 8-12 | 560 students
1512 Alps Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
(973)694-3702 28.8 8-12
- Jersey City Grades: 9-12 | 907 students
144 Grand Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201)547-6400 20.7 9-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.