St Joseph High School
Tel: (732) 549-7600
- St. Joseph High School is a private Catholic all-boys college Preparatory school located on a seventy-acre tract of land in Metuchen and Edison, New Jersey.
- It is conducted by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, who have been active in American education since their arrival from Lyons France in 1847.
- From 1901 to 1961 St. Joseph's served as a center for training and educating Brothers prior to their apostolate in Catholic education.
- The main school building was dedicated in the spring of 1963.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||683 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Holmdel Grades: 9-12 | 841 students
540A Line Road
Holmdel, NJ 07733
(732) 739-0800 15.1 9-12
- Wayne Grades: 8-12 | 560 students
1512 Alps Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
(973) 694-3702 28.8 8-12
- Jersey City Grades: 9-12 | 930 students
144 Grand Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201) 547-6400 20.7 9-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?