St Joseph Regional Jr High School
Tel: (603) 624-4811
- St. Joseph Regional Junior High School is a Catholic junior high school; here, we stress concern for others, provide a multitude of opportunities for students to achieve academic excellence, and model respect for self and others in an environment of caring.
- We have designed St. Joseph Regional Junior High School with the adolescent in mind and for the family seeking an education that has at its foundation the teachings of the Catholic Church and the call for peace and justice in hearts and minds.
- Encouraging respect, responsibility, prayer and integrity in all students is the reason for our success as a Catholic junior high school.
- A clear understanding of the school's programs, standards and policies enables students, parents, and teachers to work together to provide an exciting and positive learning environment.
- St. Joseph Regional creates an atmosphere that welcomes parents to be active participants in their child's education.
- Please visit the school's web site (http://www.stjoesjrhs.org) for a more comprehensive view of our school's programs.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||131 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, polo shirts; khaki pants, white shirts, blue blazers)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,800|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available to qualified applicants.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Pauline Martineau|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Ice Hockey, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, French Club, Robotics, Science Club, Student Council, Theater|
- St. Joseph Regional Junior High School builds a solid foundation in academics for the adolescent by addressing the increased need for organization, personal responsibility and study skills. The program is designed to meet the individual needs of our students and prepare them for the challenges they will face as they enter high school. Upon graduation, our students move on to a variety of educational institutions including public, private, Catholic and boarding schools. St. Joseph is the only Manchester-based Catholic school focused exclusively on the education of 7th and 8th grade students. The adolescent is encouraged to explore his or her interests within a structured curriculum designed to develop well-rounded individuals. Course offerings cover a wide range of disciplines, including: ' Religion ' English ' Math ' Band ' Reading ' Science ' Computer Science ' World Languages ' Sewing ' Social Studies ' Drama ' Art ' Physical Education ' Latin Small class sizes allow teachers to concentrate on the individual. Teachers work closely with parents to ensure that every child's needs are addressed in the most appropriate manner. Homework is also posted on the 'homework hotline', giving both parents and students another tool to ensure academic success at St. Joseph Regional. Our academic programs allow the flexibility to educate the individual and to prepare students for positions of leadership in an ever-changing global community. The majority of the teaching and administrative staff have over fifteen years of experience in the education profession, and many hold advanced degrees. Beyond education and experience, our faculty and staff are devoted to St. Joseph and its mission of providing the very best educational experience for all of our students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manchester Grades: 6-12 | 386 students
2108 River Road
Manchester, NH 03104
(603) 669-4524 4 6-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.