St. Joseph School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Joseph Catholic School exists to foster four basic purpose of Catholic education: the teaching of Catholic Doctrine, the teaching of academic, the building of community, and the witnessing of Christ by service to others.
- At St. Joseph School both children and adults strive to uphold the dignity of all human life.
- We believe that every human is a unique creation of God, made in his image and likeness.
- Here all are committed to the total growth and development of each child.
- They look to foster the children's intellectual process as well as their spiritual, emotional, social, and physical maturity.
- St. Joseph School believes that each of these areas is interconnected and that each must be given adequate attention and encouragement for the complete education of its students.
- To accomplish these goals, the school must provide a safe and nurturing enviornemnt where the staff utilizes multiple techniques and strategies to further the students' academic and spiritual growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||591 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Band, Battle of the Books, Boy Scouts, Chime Choir, Choir, CYO Basketball, CYO Cheerleading, CYO Tennis, CYO Track and Field, Girl Scouts, interact/Rotary Club, Math Club, National Junior Honor Society, Oratorical Club, Robotics, Student Council, Volleyball Altar Servers, Band, Boy Scouts, Chime Choir, Choir, CYO Basketball, CYO Tennis, Girl Scouts, Math Club, Robotics, Volleyball, Battle of the Books,|
CYO Track and Field,
National Junior Honor Society,
- Passes on the faith by word and example.....
- Christ-filled environment for learning,
- Catholic doctrine,
- Opportunities for service,
- Daily prayer,
- Weekly student Mass,
- Sacramental instruction,
- Altar Servers
- Fosters intellectual progress.....
- Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award,
- Composite scores in the top 10% of the nation on the Terra Nova Standardized Test,
- Accreditation by the Virginia Catholic Education Association,
- Curriculum set forth by the Arlington Diocese,
- World Language - Spanish,
- Pre-Algebra, Algebra and Honors Algebra,
- Physical Education, Computers, Library, Art, and Music
- Provides a safe setting.....
- Modernized, expanded campus,
- High-tech security system,
- Contemporary playground,
- Interactive whiteboards in every classroom,
- Enhanced media center,
- Fully equipped science lab,
- State-of-the-art computer lab,
- Fine arts activities rooms,
- High school regulation gymnasium
- Encourages Family Involvement.....
- Volunteer Opportunities,
- Parent Teacher Organization,
- Community events
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RestonGrades: PK-6 | 172 students
11180 Ridge Heights Rd
Reston, VA 20191
- AshburnGrades: K-8 | 449 students
21370 St Theresa Ln
Ashburn, VA 20147
- CentrevilleGrades: PK-12 | 222 students
15452 Lee Highway
Centreville, VA 20120
- HerndonGrades: PK-8 | 570 students
13625 EDS Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
- AshburnGrades: NS-5 | 200 students
20909 Ashburn Village Blvd
Ashburn, VA 20147
St. Joseph School is a faith-filled, safe, nurturing, engaging and innovative learning environment where "Every Child Deserves Great Moments". Come experience for yourself "Catholic Education At Its Best!" *Steeped in Catholic Values *Shaped by a Cohesive Program of Studies *Committed to Educating the Whole Child *Sustained by Service to others *Recognized S.T.E.M. School *Established Robotics Laboratory *Initiated Student iPad Program *Integrated Creative Fine Arts Program *Secured and Safe Educational Setting *Modernized Expanded Campus
- Posted by Administrator - cconr
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.