- St. Joseph the Worker is a Catholic parish school in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
- The Saint Joseph the Worker School community has a value-centered education committed to the threefold ministry of the Church: love, service, and witness.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children; the faculty and staff collaborate with them in educating our students spiritually, intellectually, socially, physically, and aesthetically.
- We affirm that each child is unique, and, with dignity and respect, we guide each student to attain his/her fullest potential.
- We are committed to nuturing a community who encourages understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity.
- While celebrating our diversity, we define ourselves as members of one Body, the Body of Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||311 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||30 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,750|
|Tuition Notes||Non-parish member rate is $3750/year; parish member rate is $3200/year. Please call the office at 818.341.6616 to inquire about tuition rates for more than one child per family to attend.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sr. Barbara Joseph Wilson, CSJ|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Cynthia Coffman|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Team, Chess Club, Choir Academic Team, Chess Club, Choir,|
- Fully credentialed by WASC and NCEA
- Before- and after-school day care offered
- Students consistently overachieve on national standardized tests (based on the difference between their tested ability and their actual test scores)
- Each homeroom has a teacher's aide
- Full-time, fully credentialed librarian with a well-stocked, accessible library
- Full-time computer teacher
- Caring, safe, inclusive atmosphere
Profile last updated: 09/21/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Woodland HillsGrades: KG-8 | 314 students
6061 Valley Circle Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Van NuysGrades: K-8 | 239 students
7120 Whitaker Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91406
ResedaGrades: PK-8 | 239 students
18125 Sherman Way
Reseda, CA 91335
Canoga ParkGrades: PK-K | 65 students
7839 Topanga Canyon Blvd
Canoga Park, CA 91304
EncinoGrades: PK-8 | 272 students
4548 Haskell Ave.
Encino, CA 91436
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.