St Joseph The Worker School
- St. Joseph the Worker is a Catholic parish school in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
- The Saint Joseph the Worker School community has a value-centered education committed to the threefold ministry of the Church: love, service, and witness.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children; the faculty and staff collaborate with them in educating our students spiritually, intellectually, socially, physically, and aesthetically.
- We affirm that each child is unique, and, with dignity and respect, we guide each student to attain his/her fullest potential.
- We are committed to nuturing a community who encourages understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity.
- While celebrating our diversity, we define ourselves as members of one Body, the Body of Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||Non-parish member rate is $4500/year; parish member rate is $4800/year. Please call the office at 818.341.6616 to inquire about tuition rates for more than one child per family to attend.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. CJ Kruska, M.A. Ed.|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Deborah Borjas|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Chess Club, Donation Knights - Community Service Club, God Squad - Campus Ministry Team, Knights of the Altar - Altar Servers, O'Hana Club - Recognition Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Knight Bucket Brigade - Drumline, Theater Clu
- Fully credentialed by WASC and NCEA
- Before- and after-school day care offered
- Students consistently overachieve on national standardized tests (based on the difference between their tested ability and their actual test scores)
- Each homeroom has a teacher's aide
- Caring, safe, inclusive atmosphere
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woodland HillsGrades: KG-8 | 314 students
6061 Valley Circle Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
- Canoga ParkGrades: K-8 | 181 students
22041 Gault St
Canoga Park, CA 91303
- Van NuysGrades: K-8 | 239 students
7120 Whitaker Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91406
- ResedaGrades: PK-8 | 239 students
18125 Sherman Way
Reseda, CA 91335
- Canoga ParkGrades: PK-K | 65 students
7839 Topanga Canyon Blvd
Canoga Park, CA 91304
January 18, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 18, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.