- At St. Leo the Great School our purpose is to love and teach children as Jesus did, to guide them to a deepening of faith, and to enlighten and enrich their lives.
- We believe in the power of the individual to lead with compassion, to learn with commitment, and to act with courage.
- Students are active participants in their pursuit of knowledge, and their service to God and their community.
- We achieve our purpose by word and deed. Focusing on the needs of each child, we integrate the varied aspects of human knowledge as set forth in the curriculum, and teach according to the strategies of each particular subject.
- This process results in continual growth in knowledge and Christian values.
- The high quality of education that St. Leo's children receive is a direct reflection of the experience and expertise of our faculty.
- We consistently recruit and maintain a staff of teachers with sterling accreditation.
- We attract these top quality faculty members by allocating 80% of tuition directly to faculty salaries and benefits.
- This also explains why St. Leo's is able to maintain a remarkable student to teacher ratio of 18:1.
- Insistence on a superior faculty has demonstrable rewards. Our students' mean scores for Terranovas are in the 88th percentile nationally.
- Most students who graduate subsequently enroll in respected private high schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BuffaloGrades: K-8 | 384 students
399 Woodward Ave
Buffalo, NY 14214
BuffaloGrades: K-12 | 362 students
39 Academy St
Buffalo, NY 14221
BuffaloGrades: PK-8 | 333 students
104 New Amsterdam Ave
Buffalo, NY 14216
BuffaloGrades: PK-8 | 148 students
1988 Clinton Street
Buffalo, NY 14206
BuffaloGrades: PK-8 | 198 students
3275 Main St
Buffalo, NY 14214
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.