St Louis School
- St. Louis School is a special place where each child is nurtured by dedicated teachers.
- They teach their strengths and share ideas and attitudes in an exceptional learning environment.
- School programs from preschool through eighth grade offer a balanced education with Catholic values integrated throughout the curriculum.
- Specialized instruction from teachers in math, science, social studies, music, art physical education and computer also is provided.
- Textbooks are current and recognized across the country as resources for education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||108 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Band, Chess Club, DARE, e-Pals, Math Club, Media Club, Panda Club, Pep Club, Prayer Partners, Student Club, Summer Readers Art Club, Band, Chess Club, DARE, e-Pals, Math Club, Media Club, Panda Club, Pep Club, Student Club, Summer Readers, Prayer Partners,|
- The Philosophy of St. Louis School
- St. Louis Catholic School is an educational community with high expectations based on Catholic values and ethics. The school cooperates with and supplements the home in providing leadership in the formal education of children. We believe that high expectations lead to high achievement; therefore, we provide educational programs in religious education, liturgies and prayer services. Our curriculum meets state and national standards and includes art, music, computer, physical education and enrichment for all students. Building on the National Catholic Education Association's theme of “Character, Compassion and Values,” we encourage self-motivation, independence, leadership, respect and service to others. Within a faith-filled setting, St. Louis Catholic School provides an updated and creative environment to facilitate the full development of each child. Together with our families, we strive to build the happiness, understanding and growth of each person as an individual and community member journeying toward complete union with God.
- Parents are recognized as the primary educators of their children, so teachers expect and rely on parent involvement. Communication between parents and teachers is frequent through personal contact, weekly newsletters, conferences and the Parent-Teacher Organization. We also have available an online gradebook, allowing parents to monitor up-to-date grades on all assignments and tests via the Internet, and providing direct e-mail communication to teachers.
- Our Teachers
- Qualified teachers, certified in the area of their specialization, provide well-prepared lessons. Teacher skills are enhanced through the sharing of ideas, participation in professional workshops and in-service education. Teachers provide a model of Christian living and encourage the growth of Christian attitudes in our students.
- Our school is recognized by the state of Illinois and certified by the Diocese of Peoria. Some of the contemporary educational techniques being used are: • Religion as a priority, including daily prayer, weekly Mass and other liturgical experiences. • All-day kindergarten. • Positive discipline. • Literature-based reading series. • Whole language approach. • Saxon math program based on drills, manipulatives and an incremental approach. • Saxon phonics program. • Terra Nova testing, in which our students consistently score at or above Diocesan standards. • Departmentalized grades 4-8. • Computer curriculum K-8. • Art, physical education and music.
- Our Facility • Large, well-equipped classrooms • Library • Computer lab with 21 personal computers and Internet access • 2-3 computers in each classroom • Large gym/multipurpose room • Stand-alone preschool building • Outside shelter • Large playground with the latest in safe and attractive equipment and a basketball court
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PrincetonGrades: K-9 | 81 students
21890 Us Highway 34
Princeton, IL 61356
- PeruGrades: PK-8 | 170 students
2003 5th St
Peru, IL 61354
- PeruGrades: 9-12 | 309 students
24 W Us Highway 6
Peru, IL 61354
- La SalleGrades: PK-8 | 171 students
650 4th St
La Salle, IL 61301
- La SalleGrades: 8 | 19 students
941 6th St
La Salle, IL 61301
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.