St Luke School
- St. Luke School is an independent, Christian school that serves children from Junior Kindergarten through eighth grade that provides challenging academics, fine arts, competitive athletics, and servant leadership development.
- Situated in the heart of downtown Columbus, Georgia, St. Luke School is a ministry of St. Luke United Methodist Church.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning disabilities and attentional difficulties|
|Total Students||584 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(school uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Emily Sutherland|
|Admissions Associate||Brooke Green|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Broadcast Team, Children's Church Choir, Chinese-Mandarin Club, Drama Kids, Elementary Math Team, FCA, Lego League, Middle School Bible Studies, Middle School Math Team, National Junior Honor Society, Praise Band, Recycling Team, SLS Ambassadors, Student Council, Velocity, Wyldlife
Arts and Music Programs:
School Musical, St. Luke Singers
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Sports, Mascot Team
- At St. Luke School, we believe that there are no standardized children and as a result, our robust and flexible curriculum is tailored to create a student experience that is second to none. We operate on the core belief that parents are the primary educators of their children, and it is our honor to partner with them.
- Our excellent faculty and staff are focused on providing each student with the tools, challenges, and the nurturing needed to succeed both academically and spiritually. Students have opportunities to develop, participate, and contribute at every grade level through extra-curricular offerings, athletics, and fine arts. St. Luke students are servant leaders who are focused on giving back through supporting local missions and serving our neighbors. We currently serve 425 families and nearly 600 children each day.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Grades: PK-12 | 788 students
440 Bradley Park Dr
Columbus, GA 31904
(706)324-1392 4.3 PK-12
- Columbus Grades: PK-5 | 237 students
4217 Saint Marys Rd
Columbus, GA 31907
(706)689-8044 4.2 PK-5
- Columbus Grades: NS-12 | 757 students
2020 Kay Cir
Columbus, GA 31907
(706)561-8232 3.2 NS-12
- Columbus Grades: PK-12 | 33 students
3679 Steam Mill Road
Columbus, GA 31906
(706)221-7352 3.2 PK-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.