St. Mark's Episcopal Day School
St. Mark's Episcopal Day School Photo #3 - Dynamic, hands-on science program with lab instruction beginning in Kindergarten.
- St. Mark`s Episcopal Day School provides a unique academic foundation that prepares students for success in the 21st century. We engage in purposeful experiences in a dynamic environment using an integrated curriculum and collaborative connections with each other, our community, and the world.
- Everything we do at St. Mark`s is intentional-from our academic programs and technology to our high-quality faculty and community-driven approach.
- We`re committed to developing strong habits through creative and critical thinking and questioning for our students.
- They gain deeper understanding by demonstrating what they know in more than one way and applying what they know in a variety of situations. There is only one way to get a genuine feel for what it's like to be a part of St. Mark's - and that is to visit us in person.
- Nothing compares to meeting our faculty, watching our students learn and play, and joining us for a chapel service.
St. Mark's Episcopal Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Support Team|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||277 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Red, white, blue polo style shirt with khaki bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Kelly Risdon|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Lego Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
basketball, Cheerleading, Flag Football, Soccer, Volleyball
- Founded in 1970, St. Mark's Episcopal Day School is a nurturing Christian environment that prepares children to learn and lead in our global community.
- St. Mark's supports long term scholastic success by teaching students to think critically, allowing them to solve problems in a group setting, having them tackle academic challenges, and most importantly, becoming joyful learners. Our well-rounded curriculum is developed to allow students to reach their potential, develop talents, and build character in order to succeed in middle school and beyond. Faculty are passionate about what they teach, devoted to their students, and admired by parents for finding the perfect balance between high expectations and nurturing support.
- CHRISTIAN ENVIRONMENT
- Our Christian education curriculum presents concepts related to the biblical and historical doctrines of the Christian faith, as well as fosters a respect for the various traditions of other denominations and faiths. St. Mark`s Episcopal Day School welcomes all students to apply for admission regardless of race, color, nationality, religion, gender, or ethnic origin.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-6 | 462 students
4114 Oxford Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32210
(904)388-2632 0.1 PK-6
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-K | 139 students
4275 Herschel Street
Jacksonville, FL 32210
(904)389-8191 0.9 PK-K
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-8 | 254 students
1773-0010 Blanding Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32210
(904)387-4401 1.6 PK-8
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-8 | 225 students
2609 Park Street
Jacksonville, FL 32204
(904)387-2841 2.7 PK-8
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-11 | 45 students
5508 Wesconnett Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32244
(904)777-0500 2.8 PK-11
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.