St Mary Elementary & Jr High School
Tel: (815) 284-6986
- St. Mary School takes pride in student achievement and continues to have a wonderful spirit of learning.
- We are strongly committed to maintaining a positive educational climate; one that is indicative of the Christian values we teach.
- The success of our endeavors is contingent upon the excellent cooperation which exists between St. Mary parents, teachers and students.
- The philosophy of this school is to lead the students to reach their true potential - academically, physically, socially, culturally and most importantly, spiritually.
- We strive for academic excellence by developing essential self-directed learning and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge is emphasized rather than grades as is cooperation rather than competition.
- The students are encouraged to develop healthy bodies through physical education classes and an extracurricular sports program.
- The emphasis of these programs are skill development and good sportsmanship.
- Opportunities are provided for the students to engage in service activities in the school, parish, and community.
- Through these activities the students develop into responsible citizens and show respect and care for all individuals.
- The goal spiritually is for each student to develop a personal relationship with God, through Jesus Christ, as taught in the Scripture and Sacred Tradition.
- God's truth and message are integrated into all learning. All faculty and staff are responsible for creating an atmosphere of Faith.
- Through this framework of academic, physical, spiritual, social, and cultural growth, each child is encouraged and guided to discover his/her own gift and to realize the full value of this gift from God.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||223 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dixon Grades: K-8 | 118 students
1112 N Brinton Ave
Dixon, IL 61021
(815) 288-5619 1.5 K-8
- Dixon Grades: PK-12 | 155 students
7571 S Ridge Road
Dixon, IL 61021
(815) 652-4806 6.1 PK-12
- Amboy Grades: K-12 | 16 students
24 North Mason Ave
Amboy, IL 61310
(815) 857-2682 11.5 K-12
- Sterling Grades: PK-8 | 202 students
6 W 6th St
Sterling, IL 61081
(815) 625-2253 11.5 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.