St Mary's Prep
- Since 1954, parents have chosen St. Mary Prep to provide an academically challenging, family-centered learning environment that has its foundation in the Catholic faith.
- St. Mary Prep has been a part of the Denville community for over 50 years and is committed to helping students excel in all areas of learning.
- Academic achievement is high, with students consistently scoring well above the national average on annual standardized tests.
- The curriculum meets the New Jersey State Common Core Curriculum Standards, as well as the Curriculum Guidelines set forth by the Diocese of Paterson.
- Character Education is not a workshop, it's the foundation of our school.
- Students participate in a wide variety of activities that help people in need which fosters a sense of civic responsibility.
- Our children are taught respect, acceptance, cooperation, and caring. St. Mary Prep is a proud member of several national associations responsible for accrediting schools of excellence including Advanced Ed and the National Catholic Educational Association.
- St. Mary's Prep is a S.T.E.M. School, incorporating inquiry based learning styles focusing on science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- This year, our middle school will be working with professors from North Western University as our students learn about Nano technology.
- The integration of technology is important at St. Mary's Prep. Students have access to more than 100 electronic devices, including laptops and iPads.
- Our building is completely wireless. Blended learning has been a focus, incorporating Rosseta Stone and Study Island into our curriculum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||229 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Boys and girls each have a required dress uniform and P.E. uniform )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Basketball Clinic, Beta Club, Boy Scouts, Cheerleading, Chess Club, Choir, Dance Club, Early Act Rotary Club, Football Clinic, Forensics, Girl Scouts, Golf Club, Mad Science|
Students in PK - 8th grade recieve the following classes as part of thier weekly curriculum:
- Physical Education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockaway Grades: PK-8 | 210 students
87 Halsey Ave
Rockaway, NJ 07866
(973)627-6003 1.9 PK-8
- Butler Grades: K-9 | 149 students
2 Miller Rd
Butler, NJ 07405
(973)838-6222 8.2 K-9
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.