St. Mary's Prep
- Since 1954, parents have chosen St. Mary Prep to provide an academically challenging, family-centered learning environment that has its foundation in the Catholic faith.
- St. Mary Prep has been a part of the Denville community for over 50 years and is committed to helping students excel in all areas of learning.
- Academic achievement is high, with students consistently scoring well above the national average on annual standardized tests.
- The curriculum meets the New Jersey State Common Core Curriculum Standards, as well as the Curriculum Guidelines set forth by the Diocese of Paterson.
- Character Education is not a workshop, it's the foundation of our school.
- Students participate in a wide variety of activities that help people in need which fosters a sense of civic responsibility.
- Our children are taught respect, acceptance, cooperation, and caring. St. Mary Prep is a proud member of several national associations responsible for accrediting schools of excellence including Advanced Ed and the National Catholic Educational Association.
- St. Mary's Prep is a S.T.E.M. School, incorporating inquiry based learning styles focusing on science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- This year, our middle school will be working with professors from North Western University as our students learn about Nano technology.
- The integration of technology is important at St. Mary's Prep. Students have access to more than 100 electronic devices, including laptops and iPads.
- Our building is completely wireless. Blended learning has been a focus, incorporating Rosseta Stone and Study Island into our curriculum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||259 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Boys and girls each have a required dress uniform and P.E. uniform )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Basketball Clinic, Beta Club, Boy Scouts, Cheerleading, Chess Club, Choir, Dance Club, Early Act Rotary Club, Football Clinic, Forensics, Girl Scouts, Golf Club, Mad Science Beta Club, Boy Scouts, Cheerleading, Chess Club, Choir, Dance Club, Forensics, Girl Scouts, Golf Club, Mad Science, Basketball Clinic,|
Early Act Rotary Club,
Students in PK - 8th grade recieve the following classes as part of thier weekly curriculum:
- Physical Education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RockawayGrades: PK-8 | 210 students
87 Halsey Ave
Rockaway, NJ 07866
- MorristownGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
21 Cutler Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
- RockawayGrades: PK-8 | 185 students
40 E Main St
Rockaway, NJ 07866
- WayneGrades: PK-8 | 180 students
1799 Hamburg Tpke
Wayne, NJ 07470
- ChathamGrades: NS-8 | 171 students
700 Shunpike Road
Chatham, NJ 07928
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.