St Mary School
- St. Mary's Chinese Schools and Center has become world-reknown for its excellence in bicultural education, social outreach programs, and spiritual services.
- St. Mary's principal components are: an outstanding English elementary day school; an excellent Chinese Language School, teaching both Cantonese and Mandarin to 600 students; a social outreach program, called Teahouse, offering English, naturalization, and acculturation classes for newcomers to our shores, and specializing in counseling for domestic violence and addictive gambling; a proven, energetic, year-round, extra-curriculum for young adults, teenagers, and children, such as the summer program, S.M.I.L.E. (St. Mary's Incredible Learning Experience); and comfortable, bilingual and bicultural spiritual growth and support programs, which include smoothly merging Far Eastern and Christian religious values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||127 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 441 students
333 Dolores Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415)861-5432 2.4 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 512 students
Main: 150 Oak Street; Pre-K campus: 42/52 Waller St., Middle School Campus, 888 Turk Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415)865-6084 1.4 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 301 students
659 Pine St
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415)421-0069 0.3 K-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.