St Mary School
- St. Mary's Chinese Schools and Center has become world-reknown for its excellence in bicultural education, social outreach programs, and spiritual services.
- St. Mary's principal components are: an outstanding English elementary day school; an excellent Chinese Language School, teaching both Cantonese and Mandarin to 600 students; a social outreach program, called Teahouse, offering English, naturalization, and acculturation classes for newcomers to our shores, and specializing in counseling for domestic violence and addictive gambling; a proven, energetic, year-round, extra-curriculum for young adults, teenagers, and children, such as the summer program, S.M.I.L.E. (St. Mary's Incredible Learning Experience); and comfortable, bilingual and bicultural spiritual growth and support programs, which include smoothly merging Far Eastern and Christian religious values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||127 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 441 students
333 Dolores Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415)861-5432 2.4 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 512 students
Main: 150 Oak Street; Pre-K campus: 42/52 Waller St., Middle School Campus, 888 Turk Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415)865-6084 1.4 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 301 students
659 Pine St
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415)421-0069 0.3 K-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.