St Mary School
- St. Mary's Chinese Schools and Center has become world-reknown for its excellence in bicultural education, social outreach programs, and spiritual services.
- St. Mary's principal components are: an outstanding English elementary day school; an excellent Chinese Language School, teaching both Cantonese and Mandarin to 600 students; a social outreach program, called Teahouse, offering English, naturalization, and acculturation classes for newcomers to our shores, and specializing in counseling for domestic violence and addictive gambling; a proven, energetic, year-round, extra-curriculum for young adults, teenagers, and children, such as the summer program, S.M.I.L.E. (St. Mary's Incredible Learning Experience); and comfortable, bilingual and bicultural spiritual growth and support programs, which include smoothly merging Far Eastern and Christian religious values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||127 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 441 students
333 Dolores Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415)861-5432 2.4 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 512 students
Main: 150 Oak Street; Pre-K campus: 42/52 Waller St., Middle School Campus, 888 Turk Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415)865-6084 1.4 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 301 students
659 Pine St
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415)421-0069 0.3 K-8
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.