St. Matthew Catholic School
- St. Matthew School is a parochial elementary school fully accredited by the Diocese of Nashville, The State of Tennessee and The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- St. Matthew Schools offers a strong academic program committed to excellence in the areas of religion, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, computer, art, music, physical education and health.
- Expectations are high for all students to develop as readers, writers and thinkers as they grow in faith, knowledge and service to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||450 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,140|
|Tuition Notes||Payment options include full payment, semi-annual payments or 12 monthly payments.|
|Admissions Director||Charlene Garrett|
|Admissions Associate||Michele Donnelly|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess Club, Children's Choir, Digital Storytelling, Dramatic Storytelling, Mathletes in Action, Science Club, Spanish Club, Spelling Bee, Student Council Art Club, Chess Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, Spelling Bee, Children's Choir,|
Mathletes in Action,
- The curriculum at St. Matthew School is an integrated Christian program where fundamental communication skills are emphasized with a hands-on, minds-on, cyclical method of instruction. Students are taught patterned, logical, higher-level thinking processes throughout the disciplines of study. They are instructed to make observations, discern patterns, and apply knowledge through the scientific process of inquiry. Reading, writing, speaking, listening and logical thinking are emphasized daily.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- FranklinGrades: K-12 | 772 students
336 Ernest Rice Lane
Franklin, TN 37069
- NashvilleGrades: K-12 | 1054 students
2000 Edgehill Avenue
Nashville, TN 37212
- NashvilleGrades: NS-12
2323A Old Hickory Blvd
Nashville, TN 37215
- BrentwoodGrades: K-12 | 318 students
6544 Murray Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027
- NashvilleGrades: PK-12 | 1265 students
3901 Granny White Pike
Nashville, TN 37204
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.