St Matthew Catholic School
- St. Matthew School is a parochial elementary school fully accredited by the Diocese of Nashville, The State of Tennessee and The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- St. Matthew Schools offers a strong academic program committed to excellence in the areas of religion, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, computer, art, music, physical education and health.
- Expectations are high for all students to develop as readers, writers and thinkers as they grow in faith, knowledge and service to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017|
|Total Students||407 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,140|
|Tuition Notes||Payment options include full payment, semi-annual payments or 12 monthly payments.|
|Admissions Director||Charlene Garrett|
|Admissions Associate||Michele Donnelly|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess Club, Children's Choir, Digital Storytelling, Dramatic Storytelling, Mathletes in Action, Science Club, Spanish Club, Spelling Bee, Student Council|
- The curriculum at St. Matthew School is an integrated Christian program where fundamental communication skills are emphasized with a hands-on, minds-on, cyclical method of instruction. Students are taught patterned, logical, higher-level thinking processes throughout the disciplines of study. They are instructed to make observations, discern patterns, and apply knowledge through the scientific process of inquiry. Reading, writing, speaking, listening and logical thinking are emphasized daily.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Franklin Grades: PK-12 | 163 students
810 Del Rio Pike
Franklin, TN 37069
(615)790-8556 8.3 PK-12
- Franklin Grades: PK-6 | 215 students
1820 Downs Blvd
Franklin, TN 37064
(615)595-0324 9.2 PK-6
- Brentwood Grades: 6-12 | 786 students
219 Granny White Pike
Brentwood, TN 37027
(615)523-0611 7.9 6-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.