St Matthew Elementary School
Tel: (812) 838-3621
- The St. Matthew School family is dedicated to a tradition of Christian values and academic excellence in order to prepare our students for the joys and challenges of life.
- We believe that Christ is the reason for our school.
- He is the unseen, but ever present, teacher in our classrooms, the model for our faculty, and the inspiration for our children and their parents.
- This quality Catholic education builds the self-esteem of our students and prepares them to be future leaders in both our parish and our community.
- To this end, we provide a strong Religious Education program which embodies the message Christ continues to teach us, the community Christ inspires us to form, and the services we must put into practice if we are to live the Gospel.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Vernon Grades: PK-8 | 243 students
3420 Saint Phillips Rd S
Mount Vernon, IN 47620
(812) 985-2447 9.5 PK-8
- Evansville Grades: PK-8 | 259 students
5530 Hogue Road
Evansville, IN 47712
(812) 422-1208 14.1 PK-8
- Evansville Grades: NS-8 | 374 students
5301 New Harmony Road
Evansville, IN 47720
(812) 963-6148 15.1 NS-8
- Wadesville Grades: PK-8 | 210 students
4725 Saint Wendel Cynthiana Rd
Wadesville, IN 47638
(812) 963-3958 16.1 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.