St Michael Parish School
- We, at St. Michael School, are Catholic school educators. As such, we view the foundation of our process of education to be riveted in our Catholic faith.
- We believe we teach by word, by action and most importantly, by our personal lives.
- In particular, our professional service is geared to the age level of elementary school.
- Ever mindful that in our system of academics we are forming our future world, we teach to the standards of the two Great Commandments, "Love God above all things" and "Love your neighbor as yourself." As a Catholic School, we exist to educate the whole child, to help this young person grow into the adult whose life will affect a world of tomorrow, will make for a better place for all to live.
- Our major goals presently are to teach love, respect, sharing and caring among all whom we educate.
- Our far-range goal is to send forth leaders for tomorrow - faith filled, morally good and stable of character.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||351 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Union Grades: PK-8 | 198 students
970 Suburban Road
Union, NJ 07083
(908) 687-8415 1.2 PK-8
- Scotch Plains Grades: PK-8 | 198 students
2032 Westfield Ave
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
(908) 322-4265 7.2 PK-8
- South Orange Grades: PK-8 | 263 students
172 Academy St
South Orange, NJ 07079
(973) 762-5169 2.9 PK-8
- Nutley Grades: PK-12 | 409 students
390 Washington Avenue
Nutley, NJ 07110
(973) 667-9700 10.5 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.