St. Michael's School & Nursery
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Michael's School and Nursery is committed to the growth and support of children's development in mind, body, character and spirit. We provide exemplary and affordable early education and childcare in a nurturing atmosphere. St. Michel's welcomes all children. Since its founding in 1890, St. Michael’s has evolved from being primarily a childcare agency to a premier school for early childhood education in Wilmington, Delaware. It is a caring and stimulating environment and campus designed for the way young children play and learn. We offer: Year-round school
- Degreed, caring faculty Foreign languages, fitness and the arts
- Low student/faculty ratio Nutritious meals and snacks
- Spacious, modern and secure campus Financial assitance Rolling enrollment
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-2|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Primary division khaki, white, navy)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Full-day, full-year tuition ranges from $740/month for newborns to $585/month for Kindergarten|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$140|
|Admissions Director||Becci Brasure|
|Admissions Associate||Valerie Woodruff|
- St. Michael's School and Nursery welcomes all children and values diversity by maintaining a clientele representative of the full socio-economic spectrum of the community. We believe that all children carry the potential for success in school and life. We strive to ensure that children’s curiosity, intelligence, value system and physical potential are optimized. We believe that a strong home-school partnership creates a structure in which children thrive.
- Our academic program is offered to all age groups by appropriate age and developmental stage. The curriculum is based in the philosophies of Piaget, Froebel, Montessori, Eriksson, Gesell and other important leaders in the field of early education. Language arts, math, motor skills, science, social studies and a wide variety of cultural activities and the arts are all part of our curriculum. St. Michael’s implements the Core Knowledge curriculum for early primary school which is aligned with the national common core standards. It outlines a cumulative and coherent progression of knowledge and skills in all developmental areas and integrates developmentally- appropriate practices for both content and instruction for Preschool – Grade 8. With a strong focus on challenging but appropriate content, the Core Knowledge sequence is unique among early childhood programs.The Core Knowledge curriculum establishes a strong foundation for teaching students 21st Century skills such as independence, self-esteem, complex thinking and problem solving skills, leadership, strong moral values and a lifelong thirst for knowledge. Through St. Michael’s developmental approach, each child is given the opportunity to progress to the next group at an individual pace physically, intellectually, socially and emotionally.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Grades: PK-8 | 230 students
1715 W. 9th Street
Wilmington, DE 19805
(302)421-3743 1.3 PK-8
I''m interested in working as a volunteer at your school. I''m able to offer 2-3 days a week and work were needed. Please contact at the above e-mail address.
- Posted by Teacher - GF200
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.