St. Paul Lutheran School
5.00 (4 reviews)
We are proud of our graduates! Grow with St. Paul! We offer grades Pre-K through 8th grades. Children as young as three may enter our Pre-School program. Your child can join our St. Paul family in Pre-K, stay for our all-day kindergarten, and then graduate at St. Paul!
Our JV Basketball Team and cheerleaders. St. Paul offers volleyball and cheer-leading for girls, soccer for boys, and boys and girls basketball. Go Crusaders!
St. Paul offers a Fine Arts program that includes yearly plays and/or operettas. We also offer Student Council, a Yearbook Committee, Spelling Bees, book clubs, and Community Service projects.
Our curriculum is taught from a Christian perspective. St. Paul is a NLSA accredited school and is fully recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education.
Your child will receive a quality Christian education at St. Paul. We have daily devotions and religious instruction that is Bible based, and weekly chapel services in St. Paul Lutheran Church.
St. Paul offers field trips, out door education, and many fun events throughout the school year. There is always something happening! St. Paul has it all!
- St. Paul Lutheran School exists to share Jesus with children and their families by providing an outstanding education both religious and academic.
- The Shepherd's Garden (Pre-Kindergarten and Day Care) strives to provide a quality Christian program, rich in cross-curricular experiences. Our pre-school provides age appropriate indroductions to academics through discovery and exploration that help prepare children for kindergarten.
- Growth is promoted in the context of the whole child: spiritual, social, emotional, and physical. Children in our program learn through exploration, experimentation, practice and interaction with others.
- The school environment is appropriate to the child's developmental level, stimulating, secure and nurturing.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Collared long or short sleeve shirts, solid color pants, skirts, skorts, jumpers, shorts. (Mid-thigh or longer) Belts must be worn for grades 3-8, dress or athletic shoes with socks. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Junior, Little Lamb Choirs, Shepherds, Student Council, Yearbook|
Arts and Music Programs:
Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced bands
- St. Paul Lutheran School exists to share Jesus with children and their families by providing an outstanding education both religious and academic. The Pre-Kindergarten and Day Care will strive to provide a quality Christian program, rich in cross-curricular experiences. Growth is promoted in the context of the whole child: spiritual, social, emotional, and physical. Children in our program also learn through experimentation, practice and interaction with others. The environment is appropriate to the child's developmental level, stimulating, secure and nurturing.
- People that viewed St. Paul Lutheran School also viewed these schools: Montessori Childrens Schoolhouse.
My husband and I are thrilled with this school! My son, if kids in middle school can be excited about school, loves this school too! The teachers are friendly and full of enthusiasm! They promote a positive, respectful outlook on classmates, parents and people in general. I wish we'd found this school earlier than 5th grade but I'm delighted we found it period! I've spoken to some of the graduates who informed me they'd gone on to religious high schools in the area and were doing well (aceing was the term they used) with their honors classes. The smaller classes sure helped my son. He isn't just a number at St. Paul. I could go on about all the wonderful things but maybe you should find out for yourself?
- Posted by Parent - Katrina O'Sullivan
We love St. Paul!! Our daughter has been enrolled for two years and our son started in the 2016 school year. They have great flexibility with preschool schedules. They also have great school events that really bring all the grades of the students together. The teachers show constant interest in your child's education as well as being leaders in Christ.
- Posted by Parent - Chris Enright
My daughter has been at the school since 3yr old PK and she's in third now. We love it there! Before and after school care and sports and academic clubs for the kids as well. The teachers and administrators are great and we look forward to the school auction every year. This years theme is Disney!!!
- Posted by Parent - Jen Beegle
St. Paul is a wonderful school where I know the students are cared for and loved.
- Posted by Parent - School Parent
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.