St. Paul Lutheran School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- At St Paul Lutheran School, we offer Early Childhood Education from 18 months to kindergarten along with our outstanding academic program beginning in 1st grade and continuing through the 8th grade.
- We also have before and after school Child Care available to all students as well as a fun-filled Summer Program. The mission of St. Paul Lutheran School is to nurture the growth of its students as Christian people, fully integrated in spirit, character, mind and body, in service to each other, the church and the community.
- St. Paul Lutheran is accredited through the National Lutheran Schools Association (NLSA) which is recognized by the state of Texas.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Advanced Courses||8th Grade - Spanish I and Algebra I|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Solid colored polos & khaki or navy pants/shorts/skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||PreK (1/2 and full day) - varies Kndg-4th - $5870/yr 5th-8th - $6080/yr $1500 discount for 2nd & subsequent children|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Lynda Williams|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After school Art programs, Classics Book Club, Lego Club, Music lessons, PSIA - Academic Competition|
- We now offer year round preschool to serve 18 months of age through 4 year olds. We are open from 6:60 a.m. to 6 p.m. Our teachers are top notch and our program is licensed through the state child care licensing agency. We will accept admissions year round.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AustinGrades: 1-12 | 871 students
1112 W 31st St
Austin, TX 78705
- AustinGrades: K-12 | 1000 students
3230 Travis Country Circle
Austin, TX 78735
- AustinGrades: PK-12 | 582 students
12124 Ranch Rd 620 North
Austin, TX 78750
- AustinGrades: NS-8 | 557 students
1500 W Anderson Lane
Austin, TX 78757
- AustinGrades: PK-8 | 255 students
120 West Oltorf Street
Austin, TX 78704
My daughter has been at St. Paul PreSchool for about six months now, and I have really seen her bloom with their PreK 4 program. The teachers are highly effective and one thing that I truly appreciate is the way they get a child's attention, they start singing! It is really cute and has made my daughter start singing at home which I had not been able to do before now. It is hard to find a preschool in downtown Austin that is not only affordable but also is curriculum based and effective. I highly recommend this preschool program. I don't have any experience with the school program other than when the principal found out I was with the preschool at Back-to-School night she quickly dismissed me to move on to another parent rather than try and create a relationship with a future parent of her school.
- Posted by Parent - dwarr
St. Paul has offered an incredible preschool experience for my 2 year old son! The director, Tessa Spencer, and all his teachers have been highly professional, flexible, and very kind towards our family. Being a public school teacher, it is evident that they provide an outstanding experience and education beginning at the preschool level. Our son has learned so much and loves attending St. Paul.
- Posted by Parent - jessi
Two of my children have graduated from St. Paul, and my third one is in his last year. We love St. Paul and the people there. Academic quality is very high, with availability of differentiated instruction for alternate learning styles. Outstanding music program in particular. We will definitely miss it, but my children are very well prepared for the next level.
- Posted by Parent - cindy
This school features the small class size and individualized attention my daughter needed to succeed academically from 6th - 8th grade. She is now performing very well academically at Concordia High School here in the Austin area which is a college preparatory school. St. Paul also has a wonderful fine arts program in the way of their choir and band programs which attend performance competitions annually.
- Posted by Parent - sgtma
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.