St. Peter Catholic School
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2008|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Saint Peter Catholic School has a long, rich historyinSt.Charles. The school`s history began with itsclose relationship with the Saint Peter Church, and Parish. Thefirst church construction in 1848 housed a school on the lower level.The church was later rebuilt in brick, and enlarged, in 1861, makingit the largest Catholic Church west of the Mississippi River.Father Rauch initially taught the students, later hiring a laymanhelp in that task in 1858. Near the same time (1859), a convent wasbuilt, and first sisters (of Notre Dame) were asked to help thechurch and also teach at the growing school. To accommodatethese growing numbers of students, in 1888, a 2 story building waserected to house a chapel, convent, and 2 added classrooms. In 1900 a2story schoolhouse was constructed west of church. The costof this building was $52,000! In 1924, a new larger schoolwas built,adding 8 classrooms, restrooms, and 2 additional rooms,which were used for food preparation, and sewing. This buildingis referred to as the "24" building. The original, "1900" buildingthen became the high school for the older children, until 1957,when Duchesne High School was built, and those studentstransferred there. The Parish Center was erected, replacing thatstructure in 1985 housing a large gymnasium with stage area, alongwith a Music room, 2 other classrooms, and several storage rooms.In1960,additional buildings were added to the northern side of the"24" Building, to include a large Cafeteria, 4 classrooms, andrestrooms. In 1998, a new Chapel was added to the eastern end of thechurch complex, also housing 2 classrooms, and a restroom. In 2011,this space was re-modeled to accommodate the parish office. Theconvent to the east of thechurch, which was erected in 1949, wasused by the nuns until 1987,when it was converted into a sharedliving residence. This building was remodeled in 2000 to accommodatea large library, Art room,Computer room, 2 Classrooms, andrestrooms. Our Early LearningCenter has now expanded into all ofthose classrooms and the library is in the 1924 building and thePE,Music, and Computer classes are held in the Parish Center. As inthe past, parents and teachers at Saint Peter Catholic Schoolcontinue to strive to provide a superior Catholic educationexperience for the children of the parish and community. We have aLocal Wellness Policy and participate in the National Special MilkProgram. We are an equal opportunity provider.
- People that viewed St. Peter Catholic School also viewed these schools: Academy Of The Sacred Heart, Immanuel Lutheran School, Seton Regional Catholic School, Little Guppy Child Dev Center and Living Word Christian School - Harvester Elementary Campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Charles Grades: PK-8 | 206 students
619 N 2nd St
Saint Charles, MO 63301
(636) 946-6127 0.5 PK-8
- Saint Charles Grades: NS-8 | 531 students
115 S 6th St
Saint Charles, MO 63301
(636) 946-0051 0.4 NS-8
- Saint Charles Grades: PK-8 | 331 students
#1 Seton Court
Saint Charles, MO 63303
(636) 946-6716 3.2 PK-8
- Saint Charles Grades: NS-PK | 164 students
3151 Elm Pointe Industrial Dr
Saint Charles, MO 63301
(636) 916-4280 3.2 NS-PK
- Saint Charles Grades: K-5 | 96 students
4075 S. Highway 94
Saint Charles, MO 63304
(636) 926-0042 6.5 K-5
I have been very happy with our experience at St. Peter Catholic School. We have children currently in 5th and 7th grades. The teachers are up to date on current curriculum. We are working year after year with our Home & School association to do what we can to provide technology in the classroom. We have several new teachers this year that are so excited about teaching the kids. I encourage prospective parents to come tour the school. Prospective students can also come shadow for a day.
- Posted by Parent - skfai
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.