- St. Peter/St. Francis School educates children from pre-kindergarten through grade 8.
- With Jesus Christ, the Savior, as its source of meaning and purpose, the school strives to awaken, encourage, and enlighten students in an environment centered on the Roman Catholic faith.
- By developing pride in self and work, students are provided the academic foundation necessary to make positive contributions to society.
- The school serves the greater Torrington area and honors the heritage of the Sisters of Mercy and the Religious Teachers Filippini.
- Catholic schools educate diverse student bodies to form Catholic, person-centered learning communities; provide quality teaching through traditional and innovative educational programs infused with Catholic Social Teachings; involve students to serve and support parish life and the local civic communities; graduate students who are critical thinkers, productive moral citizens, and spiritual leaders; and recognize and appreciate parents as the primary educators of their children.
- The goal of St. Peter/St. Francis School is to further the advancement of Catholic education for students.
- We continue to offer one of the finest educational programs in Litchfield County.
- We continue to draw students from such areas as Litchfield, Goshen, New Hartford, Thomaston and Harwinton, in addition to Torrington.
- And our students consistently score well above their grade levels on standardized tests.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BristolGrades: K-11 | 15 students
48 Lewis St
Bristol, CT 06010
BristolGrades: PK-8 | 109 students
154 Meadow St
Bristol, CT 06010
ForestvilleGrades: PK-8 | 265 students
33 Welch Dr
Forestville, CT 06010
I went to this school years ago and have many fond memories of it growing up. I started my daughter in Kindergarten this year and I couldn't be happier with the decision we made. She has exceeded tremendously in reading, writing, math, art and music amongst other things. The parents, teachers and children are all wonderful, nice caring people. They have taught the children kindness and love towards everybody. I highly recommend this school for anyone who wants the best education and good morals for their children.
- Posted by Parent - Pellegren
Excelente education,teacher,staff and parents. Very welcoming. Catholic oriented education.
- Posted by Parent - Jenn
I believe St Peter/St Francis provides an excellent education as well as wonderful values. We have been members of this school community for for ten years and couldn't be happier.Melissa Bird 2017
- Posted by Parent - Melissa Bird
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.