St. Peter/St. Francis School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- St. Peter/St. Francis School educates children from pre-kindergarten through grade 8.
- We educate our students in a family atmosphere with faith and character at the core of everything we do in the classroom and beyond. We welcome children and families of all faiths to be a part of our community.
- We continue to offer one of the finest educational programs in Litchfield County. We continue to draw students from such areas as Litchfield, Goshen, New Hartford, Thomaston and Harwinton, in addition to Torrington.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, CheeringBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Newspaper Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- St. Peter/St. Francis School educates children from pre-kindergarten through grade 8.The school strives to awaken, encourage, and enlighten students in an academically challenging environment centered on the Roman Catholic faith.We educate our students in a family atmosphere with faith and character at the core of everything we do in the classroom and beyond.
- We welcome children and families of all faiths to be a part of our community.
- Our students are taught in the multi-age model. They learn through team projects and center based programs which are unique for this area. The children will have more access to technology, specialized teaching and differentiation. Students in Archiocese of Hartford Catholic schools outperform students nationally on standardized tests.
- Tuition assistance and tuition grants are available through various sources.
- St. Peter/St. Francis School has a low teacher to student ratio. Students are safe and well cared for by our highly trained teachers and staff.
- Our children are taught social responsibility and love of country. We host food drives, beautify our community and work on projects to put our faith in action. We educate the whole students - mind, body and spirit.
- Catholic schools educate diverse student bodies to form Catholic, person-centered learning communities; provide quality teaching through traditional and innovative educational programs infused with Catholic Social Teachings; involve students to serve and support parish life and the local civic communities; graduate students who are critical thinkers, productive moral citizens, and spiritual leaders; and recognize and appreciate parents as the primary educators of their children.
- The goal of St. Peter/St. Francis School is to further the advancement of Catholic education for students.We continue to offer one of the finest educational programs in Litchfield County. We continue to draw students from such areas as Litchfield, Goshen, New Hartford, Thomaston and Harwinton, in addition to Torrington.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bristol Grades: 4-12 | 9 students
48 Lewis St
Bristol, CT 06010
(860)589-6813 12.4 4-12
- Bristol Grades: NS-8 | 77 students
154 Meadow St
Bristol, CT 06010
(860)583-5631 12.7 NS-8
I went to this school years ago and have many fond memories of it growing up. I started my daughter in Kindergarten this year and I couldn't be happier with the decision we made. She has exceeded tremendously in reading, writing, math, art and music amongst other things. The parents, teachers and children are all wonderful, nice caring people. They have taught the children kindness and love towards everybody. I highly recommend this school for anyone who wants the best education and good morals for their children.
- Posted by Parent - Pellegren
Excelente education,teacher,staff and parents. Very welcoming. Catholic oriented education.
- Posted by Parent - Jenn
I believe St Peter/St Francis provides an excellent education as well as wonderful values. We have been members of this school community for for ten years and couldn't be happier.Melissa Bird 2017
- Posted by Parent - Melissa Bird
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.