St. Peter The Apostle School
- Saint Peter the Apostle Catholic School is a fully accredited parochial school with programs for children from four years of age through eighth grade. The curriculum presents a holistic view of education, providing an environment where children can grow intellectually, spiritually, socially, and culturally. The guiding philosophy of the uniqueness of each child of God leads the staff to join with the parents in seeking to bring to every student a knowledge of his own worth and potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,999|
|Admissions Director||Rona Jongewaard|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Band, Choir, NJHS, Squires, Student Council, Various academic and athletic competitions Altar Servers, Band, Choir, NJHS, Squires, Student Council,|
Various academic and athletic competitions,
- St. Peter the Apostle Catholic School received a $1.2 million dollar renovation in the spring and summer of 2012, highlighting the 60thanniversary of St. Peter School. Renovations included a new roof, flooring, gym, restrooms, windows, HVAC, electrical, and enlarged and updated computer lab. Students and faculty are truly enjoying their new learning environment. Technology integration has greatly expanded at St. Peter’s.
- The school recently received a donation of 65 computers and monitors from Baylor Hospital in Dallas and has also acquired digital projectors and Mimio equipment and whiteboards that allow interactive instruction and learning in all classrooms. Coupled with wireless Internet access throughout the building and iPads for small group or individual learning, technology has truly enhanced how our students learn.
- On the 2012-2013 ITBS Standardized Test given in September 2012, St. Peter the Apostle Catholic School measured 53% higher than the expected aggregate growth for grades 1-8 and 27% higher than the average Diocesan growth scores, thus indicating that SPS had the highest aggregate growth scores in the entire Diocese of Fort Worth this year! Students had not only high growth scores but also high performance scores on this test. Nancy Larson Publishers will feature a case study/testimonial about St. Peter School highlighting the increase in SPS’s standardized test scores after piloting the Nancy Larson Science program in grades 3 and 4 last year. Test scores in science showed over a 90% median growth (the highest in the Diocese) and a 74% median performance level for the current fourth graders and a 75% median growth (ranked second in the Diocese) and a 93% median performance level for the current fifth graders. The Nancy Larson Science program, which SPS has adopted for grades PK-5, is a hands-on, challenging science curriculum that incorporates tested reading strategies.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort WorthGrades: NS-PK
3700 Marquita Dr.
Fort Worth, TX 76116
- Fort WorthGrades: NS-8 | 217 students
6146 Pershing Avenue
Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Fort WorthGrades: NS-8 | 204 students
3420 Clayton Rd E
Fort Worth, TX 76116
- Fort WorthGrades: PK-12 | 870 students
9700 Saints Cir
Fort Worth, TX 76108
- Fort WorthGrades: K-12 | 355 students
1701 Wind Star Way
Fort Worth, TX 76108
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.