St. Peters School
- St. Peter's School is an independent, non-sectarian, coeducational day school.
- The School was founded in 1834 and is located in the heart of Philadelphia's historic Society Hill neighborhood.
- St. Peter's School serves a diverse student body of approximately 200 children in Preschool through Eighth Grade.
- The mission of St. Peter's School is to honor the richness of childhood, foster mastery of academic principals, and educate students to be generous and committed citizens of their communities and the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,000|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit https://www.st-peters-school.org/admissions/tuition-and-financial-aid for tuition rates for PS/PK, Kindergarten, Lower School, and Upper School.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sandy Trezza|
|Admissions Associate||Samantha Ponns|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess, Cooking Club, Horticulture, Lego Robotics Club, Pottery Club, Recording Studio, Student Government Association, Woodworking, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Flag Football, Floor Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse
- St. Peter`s School is a nonsectarian, independent, co-educational school for children in Preschool through Eighth Grade. St. Peter`s School is an inclusive community of engaged learners and dedicated teachers, nestled in the Historic Philadelphia neighborhood of Society Hill, educating students to be generous and committed citizens of the world since 1834.
- St. Peter`s honors the richness of childhood for our students and their families, fosters an early and lifelong love of learning, cultivates inclusivity and compassion, instills honesty and encourages respect for one`s self, one`s work and the community. Character Development, Academic Pursuit, Cultural Awareness, Arts Appreciation and Self Knowledge are the foundational tenets of a St. Peter`s School education.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: NS-8 | 428 students
8891 Germantown Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118
(215)247-3811 10.1 NS-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.