St. Philip Early Childhood Center
St. Philip Early Childhood Center places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$315|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Full day is $315 per week and half day is $200 per week.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||171 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For a full description of our tuition rates, please visit our tuition link on our website https://www.stphilipecc.org/tuition|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Ann Stich|
|Admissions Associate||Shari Jeshow|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Dance, Indoor Soccer, SoccerBallet, Basketball,|
Dance, Indoor Soccer,
2 year olds
2 days a week Th, F (8:50 - 12:00)
5 days a week (8:50 - 12:00) or (8:50 - 3)
Before and after also offered
PRESCHOOL: This program is open to children at least 3 years old and potty-trained by September 30 of the school year. We offer extended care from 7:00 am - 6 pm to assist families with work and various schedules.
3 years old
- 3 days (M, T, W) 8:50 am - 12:00 am
- 5 days (Monday to Friday) 8:50 am - 12:00 am
- 5 days 8:50 - 3:00
4 years old
- 5 days (Monday to Friday) 8:50 am - 12:00 am
- 5 days (Monday to Friday) 8:50 am - 3:00 pm
The student body meets at the front porch at 8:50 am for a brief morning prayer prior to the start of the school day. This activity teaches each child the value of thanking the Lord for a brand new day.
3, 4, & Pre-K (1:10) Each class will have a teacher and an assistant. The maximum number of students per class is 20.
- Character Development: Social manners and Catholic values are fully integrated into student activities.
- Academics: Reading Readiness, Science, Social Studies, Cultural Arts, Music, Art, early Math, and Spanish
- Handwriting Without Tears Program is offeredfor all classes.
- Technology: Each classroom is equipped with computers and educational software
- Children programs: Prayer Services, Songfests, Christmas shows, vendor-sponsored children programs
- Parent Feedback: Parent-teacher conferences, newsletters, each class has own share point site and parent volunteer services are examples of methods used to maintain a strong communication channel between teachers, parents, and students.
- Science Lab available to all students.
FACULTY AND STAFF Average of 10+ years of experience with VA State or VCEA certifications
- Security: All doors are secured and need to buzzed into building, cameras, school wide intercom system
- Large outdoor play areas with modern playground equipment
- Large indoor playroom
- Science Lab
- Cafeteria used for lunch and indoor activities
- All classrooms are nut and sesame free
SUMMER CAMPS This program is open to children who are upcoming preschoolers through rising 4th graders. Detailed information is provided at the end of the school year.
LINES OF COMMUNICATION Mandatory parent-teacher conferences, newsletters, report cards, an online homework site and parent volunteer services are examples of methods used to maintain a strong communication channel between teachers, parents, and students.
TECHNOLOGY Each classroom is equipped with ldesktop computersand educational software to enhance the learning development of each child.
FACULTY AND STAFF Average of 10+ years of experience with VA State or VCEA certifications.
LUNCH PROGRAM The school is nut and sesame free. Students are welcome to bring their own lunch or participate in a school-sponsored lunch program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Falls Church Grades: K-6 | 55 students
3431-a Carlin Springs Rd
Falls Church, VA 22041
(703) 820-6688 4.5 K-6
- Alexandria Grades: PK-K | 39 students
6481 Little River Tpk
Alexandria, VA 22312
(703) 642-5911 3.7 PK-K
- Annandale Grades: PK-6 | 152 students
4955 Sunset Ln
Annandale, VA 22003
(703) 256-4711 3.2 PK-6
St. Philip is a wonderful center that helps students grow academically and socially. Students are the top priority for the school and the activities are engaging. It is beneficial that the school has focused on teaching students English and Spanish so students from different cultures can learn and value both languages. Teachers and assistants are wonderful. They are dedicated and really care about each individual student. The school director is a great listener, attentive and knows each individual student by his/her name. She is very responsive and engages the community well.
- Posted by Parent - Heyshell
We were looking for a part time program to help ease our 3 year old into a school program. We love that they have options for full and part time. The school is willing to work with your family with what they have to offer. Our son comes home singing songs from music class, brings art work from art class, and has learned some Spanish words from Spanish class! We love that the principal makes an effort to learn all the kids' names. We are happy that he is growing in academics as well as his faith.
- Posted by Parent - TAN
The school is always willing to work with your family's needs with whatever they have to offer. We love that there are options for half days or full days available. We wanted to ease our son into a program and the three days half days program was perfect, where he gets to play, learn, and socialize. Even though he's only there for three days, he has music class, art class, and Spanish class on different days. After school programs are also available where they have literature class, cooking class and art, or math and science. There's even an acrobats bus and soccer program. Not only that, the principal knows and greets all the children by name when they arrive and when they leave. The school really incorporates family and faith with special events for family and friends to come and participate. Bottom line: our son loves his new school, friends, and teachers!
- Posted by Parent - H and A T