St Philip Neri School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Saint Philip Neri Catholic Elementary School, serving Kindergarten through Eighth grade, is an educational ministry of Saint Philip Neri Parish.
- Founded in 1959 on the principles of the Roman Catholic Church, we welcome families of all faiths who respect the values and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- A challenging, faith-centered curriculum supports and prepares our students for academic excellence, spiritual growth and dedication to service.
- Faculty, staff and parents are co-educators developing respectful, responsible, and reverent life-long learners.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||277 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AlamedaGrades: K-8 | 271 students
1910 San Antonio Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501
- OaklandGrades: K-8 | 410 students
3245 Sheffield Avenue
Oakland, CA 94602
- OaklandGrades: PK-8 | 197 students
2101 Livingston St
Oakland, CA 94606
- MoragaGrades: PK-8 | 162 students
1678 School Street
Moraga, CA 94556
- San RamonGrades: PK-8 | 400 students
One Annabel Lane
San Ramon, CA 94583
We checked out a large number of schools in Alameda including public and charter before deciding to enroll our daughter at St. Philip Neri. The warmth and closeness of the community was a major pull and has been what we've continued to appreciate most. Character growth is emphasized alongside strong academics and my child is thriving there in her second year.
- Posted by Parent - antonia
If you are looking for a quality school that's safe, caring, and understanding, this school is not it! Do yourself a favor and save your time and money. For a religious/Christian school, it is very unChristian-like! Also, their academic program is quite rigid. I would definitely not recommend this school!
- Posted by Parent - cecil
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.