St Stephen Lutheran School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- St. Stephens Lutheran School is accredited by the Southeran Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS-CASI) as well at the National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA).
- St. Stephens Lutheran School was named a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Departmetn of Education in 2003.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(tan or blue slacks or shorts; blue jeans accepted solid color polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,150|
|Admissions Director||Cheryl Orlowski|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Battle of the Books, Beta Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Our School's mission is to partner with parents in glorifying God in our school by giving students the opportunity to develop their God-given talents, to excel academically and to live their faith with others.
- At SSLS, students in every grade level benefit from a challenging academic program that develops fundamental skills in reading, mathematics, writing, science, social studies, and an enriched course of study that includes religion, art, music, physical education, computer technology and the STEM program. Our Christian faith is expressed daily throughout the curriculum as we encourage students to live for Christ.
- We are partnered with University Christian High school to provide PreK-12th grade.
- Our preschool is licensed by the State of NC and rated a five star program.
- Students in grades 1-8 take the Stanford Achievement Test each Spring.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hickory Grades: PK-12 | 486 students
3260 6th St. Dr. NW
Hickory, NC 28601
(828)324-5405 3.6 PK-12
- Conover Grades: PK-8 | 238 students
215 5th Avenue SE
Conover, NC 28613
(828)464-3011 5.2 PK-8
- Conover Grades: K-12 | 186 students
1409 N NC-16 HWY
Conover, NC 28613
(828)465-0475 8.5 K-12
- Hickory Grades: K-8 | 131 students
2535 21st Avenue NE
Hickory, NC 28601
(828)256-9492 0.9 K-8
Wonderful school, teachers, and families at this school. Could not be more pleased with the level of instruction and dedication from the teachers and staff.
- Posted by Parent - Michael
SSLS is a wonderful school. The Principal and Faculty are amazing. Our boys love school and enjoy every day. The teachers are creative in their approaches, and they work hard. I highly recommend this school. It is well worth the investment!
- Posted by Parent - Scott
Fantastic technology: Promethian Boards in every classroom 1st-8th grade, Ipad Middle School, Active Inspire and Activote tools to facilitate teaching, 20 computer lab, as well as Accelerated Reader and Star Math programs support rigorous instructional curriculum. Bright students with small class sizes make St. Stephens Lutheran a wonderful place to teach and to learn!
- Posted by Teacher - danab
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.