St. Thomas More Catholic School
- Saint Thomas More is an excellent academic Catholic school enrolling approximately 485 students in kindergarten through eighth grade.
- We are the only elementary Catholic school in the Jesuit tradition in Atlanta. The Jesuits are members of the Society of Jesus, a Roman Catholic international religious order of men founded by St. Ignatius of Loyola in 1540.
- Saint Thomas More School is an important ministry of St. Thomas More parish and focuses on educating students within the tenets of Jesuit traditions and Ignatian spirituality. These traditions include academic excellence, critical thinking, social action, and the development of moral character and the presupposition of goodness in others. The hallmark of Jesuit education is its focus on educating the whole child: mind, body and spirit.
- Saint Thomas More (STM) School was founded in 1950 in Decatur, Georgia.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2016|
|Total Students||485 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 9 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,222|
|Tuition Notes||Catholic tuition = $8,222 Non Catholic tuition = $11,314|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,678|
|Admissions Director||Eileen Killeen Maron|
|Admissions Associate||Heather McElroy|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Martial Arts, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Martial Arts, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Bowl Team, Boy and Girl Scouts Troops, cheer club, Chess Club, Color Guard, Girls on the Run Program., Martial Arts Club, MATHCOUNTS Team, Origami, Spiritual Leadership Team, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Chorus, Guitar and Ukulele Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Team, Volleyball Team
- At Saint Thomas More Catholic School, our students experience academic excellence, joyful learning, and abundant faith. At our National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, our Kindergarten through 8th grade students achieve exceptional academic achievement through a challenging curriculum.
- We joyfully embody, teach and share the signature spirituality of the Jesuits by "finding God in all things," and actively seek to serve others for the greater good.
- We provide an integrated approach that brings together faith and reason, wisdom and knowledge, science and technology, as well as creativity in learning. We seek to develop people committed to love God and one another, to seek the truth, to continue learning, and to develop their faith, skills, and talents.
- We are a community, in partnership with families and our parish, where each person is valued and respected. Together, our students, parents and faculty form a diverse community we call our "STM family."
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Decatur Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
2560 Tilson Rd
Decatur, GA 30032
(404)241-3063 3.3 PK-8
- Atlanta Grades: K-8 | 555 students
46 Peachtree Way Ne
Atlanta, GA 30305
(404)233-0383 5.9 K-8
- Atlanta Grades: PK-12 | 987 students
1509 S Ponce De Leon Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
(404)377-3491 1.8 PK-12
To prep for the preschool admissions test or not to prep. That is the question.
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.