- Saint Timothy Parish, one of 67 parishes established by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia under the 33 year leadership of His Eminence Dennis Cardinal Daugherty, came to be on October 16, 1928.
- The Cardinal appointed Father Thomas Brady to be our first rector.
- Two Sisters of St. Joseph, Sister Mary Clotilda and Sister Rita Mary, were the first faculty who welcomed forty-nine children in September, 1929, in a converted delicatessen at Sackett and Marimar (now Barnett) Streets for the first four grades.
- Saint Timothy School is a Roman Catholic Christian Educational Community accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges in 1987 and again in 1998.
- St. Timothy will complete the Middle States re-accreditation process in the fall of 2008.
- Education at Saint Timothy is the total integration of Christian living and academic pursuit to develop the whole child.
- We are dedicated to the three-fold goals of Catholic Education: Message, Community, and Service We, the community of St. Timothy School, proclaim the Good News of Jesus.
- We work to create a Catholic School permeated with the Gospel spirit of love, responsibility, and mutual respect.
- This spirit is nurtured through prayer, worship, service, and the education of the whole child.
- In our daily encounters with one another, we strive to love others as God loves us.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||937 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhiladelphiaGrades: NS-3 | 102 students
7200 Roosevelt Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19149
PhiladelphiaGrades: NS-8 | 360 students
6445 Bingham St
Philadelphia, PA 19111
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
500 W Willow Grove Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 169 students
1500 Orthodox Street
Philadelphia, PA 19124
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 576 students
3031 Stamford St
Philadelphia, PA 19136
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?