5.00 (2 reviews)
- Learning is a lifelong process. Spectrum Progressive School has served the Rockford area since 1967, offering a genuine alternative to traditional education.
- At Spectrum Progressive, we believe all children are unique.
- We believe every child learns in a different way and every child has undiscovered gifts, talents, and potential.
- We involve each student in a personalized, action-oriented curriculum throughout all developmental levels.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyselxia/Language-based|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
The goals of the curriculum are to:
- Allow children to develop, through active involvement, the skills of reasoning, planning, and problem-solving within and beyond the school setting;
- Allow students to develop secure self-concepts based on belief in their own abilities and firm foundations in the fundamentals of learning;
- Guide the children to direct exploration of the arts, literature, the accomplishments of civilizations and the diversity of cultural heritage;
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RockfordGrades: PK-8 | 106 students
6413 Forest Hills Road
Rockford, IL 61114
- RockfordGrades: PK-12 | 324 students
1 Jacoby Pl
Rockford, IL 61107
- RockfordGrades: PK-9 | 193 students
8101 Sayer Rd
Rockford, IL 61108
- RockfordGrades: PK-8 | 128 students
2300 North Bell Avenue
Rockford, IL 61103
- RockfordGrades: PK-8 | 248 students
3020 11th St
Rockford, IL 61109
We love this school. My two kids can't wait to get to school in the morning. They learning environment is exceptional. The kids learn how to learn using a multiple intelligences approach. The 12:1 student/teacher ration is fantastic. My kids have increased their self-confidence and knowledge in an environment that values exploration, instead of learning by rote.
- Posted by Parent - dbocc
I just wanted to say I LOVE spectrum so much and we would be there if we hadn't moved to California. Miss the school and its amazing teachers and staff everyday! I recommend always when my friends in the area are searching. Every staff member and teacher works tirelessly to innovate and engage students always. Their dedication, passion and care and love for the kids is something very special that you do not see everyday. Amazing School!
- Posted by Parent - steph
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.