- **National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence - 2012** Founded in 1983, Stoneybrooke Christian Schools is an independent Christian school system with four schools on two campuses located in south Orange County, California: San Juan Capistrano and Ladera Ranch. The San Juan campus hosts the preschool and includes grades Transitional Kindergarten through sixth grade. The Ladera Ranch campus has Transitional Kindergarten through the eighth grade with the junior high students (7&8) enjoying their own classrooms and labs on one side of the campus. Stoneybrooke Christian Schools are fully accredited through Western Association of Schools and Colleges and Association of Christian Schools International.
- As a Christian school, Stoneybrooke is dedicated to establishing a godly environment where the Bible, as the Word of God, is actively integrated into all aspects of school life.
- Stoneybrooke incorporates a variety of technologies into its instructional program: Interactive White Boards in every classroom first through eighth grades; computer labs and classroom computers for student use and iPads utilized for instruction in every junior high classroom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||371 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniforms are required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,938|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition can be paid in 10 or 12 months|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cindy Conzaman|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After school sports league, Chess Club, Cub Scouts, Dance class Chess Club, Cub Scouts, Dance class, After school sports league,
- Each student will be challenged to live his or her life according to God's principles and purposes. As independent non-denominational schools, we seek to serve individual families throughout our community who share our biblical orientation and appreciate our particular philosophy of education and discipline. Faculty and Staff are committed to provide an educational program that seeks to develop excellence in a student - spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, culturally and physically. In addition to a traditional core curriculum, the student will be exposed to a wide range of educational experiences including computer science, art, music and physical education.Other features of a Stoneybrooke education in elementary grades include a formalized art program , an Accelerated Reader program, musical productions and after school sports competition that takes place on the large field at the Ladera campus and the gym on the San Juan campus. Also, in the spring, all grades second through seventh travel on Spring Trips to various locations in Southern California for three days and two nights. The eighth graders take a seven day trip to Washington DC and New York as a culmination of their year of American History studies.The school has been awarded a top rating in the Best Christian Workplace National Survey for a number of years. Many faculty and staff have worked at the school for over 15+ years and the superintendent and assistant superintendent have been with the school since its inception. A school board made up of parents and former parents ensures that the school is maintaining its mission, goals and purpose. Currently, five former Stoneybrooke students have children enrolled in the school with more to come in the future. Those former students want the "Stoneybrooke experience" for their children too.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San Juan CapistranoGrades: NS-12 | 649 students
26333 Oso Rd
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
San Juan CapistranoGrades: PK-12 | 1252 students
31641 La Novia
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
We have 3 children in Stoneybrooke and have attended for 3 years now... and we are very pleased with the school. No school is perfect, and small schools come with their own challenges. The foundation of the school is strong, and regardless of which way the winds blow (political, etc.) the school does not waiver from its Christian and educational mission. These educators LOVE what they do, they love the kids, the parents, the entire teaching process. This is a sanctuary from the chaos that the public school system has become.
- Posted by Parent - jeff
Stoneybrooke is an amazing school that excells in academics and spiritual/moral values. I wouldn't want my children anywhere else during their informative years. The Jr. High will exceed your expectations. All of my children have left resday for high academic classes. This school and it's caring teacher/administration will surely be missed .
- Posted by Parent - peter
My child has excelled in both academics and in character/biblical training. I couldn't be more pleased!
- Posted by Parent - jk
This is the end of our second year at Stoneybrooke and we are very happy with our sons progress. Your teachers have been fantastic. Without their willingness to give my son the one on one attention that he thrives on he would be just another number in the public school system. The close knit environment that Stoneybrooke provides is ideal on so many levels. Wouldn't change a thing!
- Posted by Parent - holly
I love the quality of education, teachers, administration, and the emphasis on my children's spiritual growth. I feel the school's leadership is going in the direction God wants the school to go in.I feel blessed to be here. Thank you Stoneybrooke!
- Posted by Parent - kevin
Our 2 children have attended Stoneybrooke kindergarten - 8th grade, and I believe the financial sacrifices we have made in order to have them attend are extremely well worth it! The Christ-centered environment and quality teachers are even more valuable to us than the excellent academics. Our son has excelled in high school academically and personally, due to Stoneybrooke's influence. I have also been blessed by Ms. Worel's women's Bible Study and her wealth of practical wisdom.
- Posted by Parent - susie
Stoneybrooke's commitment is developing the love of the Lord, teaching valuable skills and leveraging talents in consistently nurturing and caring environment. Dedicated to strong study and work ethics and pushing individuals beyond their threshold. Extraordinary preparation for college prep high schools. Additional gifts; sports, music, foreign language and service programs. Thank you Stoneybrooke!
- Posted by Parent - janet
Stoneybrooke is an outstanding school. The principal is of the most warm and amazing men I have ever met. The school builds on a strong foundation of Christian values. Students enjoy a solid core curriculum, a wide range of sports teams, exciting special projects, and the most amazing field trips. Highly recommend this school to Christians and non-Christians alike.
- Posted by Parent - dicam
I would highly recommend this school. It has outstanding teachers and a loving staff. They teach weekly character traits and bible verses and high morals. They also excel in academics and know each child individually so they grow leaps and bounds.
- Posted by Parent - kkita
I tell everyone how much we love Stoneybrooke and share with them how happy we have been here and what a complete blessing it is to go Stoneybrooke. The leadership, commitment to biblical truth and solid academics make it stand out amongst the rest in my opinion.
- Posted by Parent - tommy
I have my child at this school because of the Christ centered, loving environment with high academic expectations. I know my child will be loved and cared for by the teachers and staff just as he would be by me. I know that they will have high standards for him in the classroom and that he will have to work hard to receive high marks. I kow he will be challenged and he will grow academically and spiritually.
- Posted by Parent - boban
I believe the character of the children we have had the privilege of becoming friends with are a direct result of the character of the adult teachers and staff, across the board, that they are mentored by on a daily basis. They are held to a high standard by the adults, and therefore as a group of peers, hold each other to a high standard. I know this will serve my child well throughout his life. Not sure a parent could ask for more! 7th grade
- Posted by Parent - Sherr
We have been so very happy with the academics and character building present in a loving and disciplined environment that defines Stoneybrooke. The ultimate goal for this school is to come along side the parent and partner together in having each child reach his/her God given potential- which is different for each child. There is a feeling of family the moment you walk in and a sense of support that is comforting.
- Posted by Parent - susie
We love the school for the clear focus and teaching of Jesus Christ and HIs love for us. This coupled with academic excellence sets Stoneybrooke apart in our minds and makes it the school of choice for our family!!!
- Posted by Parent - todd.
We have been at Stoneybrooke for 11 years with our three children and we firmly believe it has been one of the best parental decisions we have ever made. Stoneybrooke is not a school it is a family, the teachers and school staff love our kids as if they were their own. They are passionate about educating and challenging our kids not just in subject but in areas character, integrity and respect. The integrity and passion of Mr Bock and Ms. Worel the school administrators and founders reflects that to them this is not a job but rather a calling for their lives. They have and continue to tirelessly invest their lives in the lives of our children and our families. In two and a half years our youngest son will graduate out of Stoneybrooke. We will be leaving an institution that has been fundamental in shaping our lives and friendships for well over a decade and we will forever be in debt for the value this institution for the value it brought our family that goes well beyond making our children excellent students.
- Posted by Parent - toddp