- The mission of Stratford Classical Christian Academy is to build a legacy of Christian leaders.
- We will accomplish this by assisting parents in training their children using a classical methodology and proven curriculum to (a) develop godly character, (b) give a knowledge of our Christian and Reformed heritage and Christ's work in history, (c) provide the tools to acquire, process, express, and defend knowledge from a Biblical worldview, to the end that they will glorify God by excelling in every duty and calling God has for them throughout their lives.
- We are committed to equipping covenant children with the tools of learning by following the three-fold approach known as the Trivium.
- In all school endeavors SCCA upholds the standards of the Westminster Confession of Faith and strives for holiness by upholding high standards of honor for God, His commandments, and the authorities He has placed over us.
- Our vision is to prepare young minds to be able to think "Christianly" and intelligently about the world around them.
- We aim to instill in each student a love for learning and equip each one with the tools of learning as explained in Dorothy Sayers' essay The Lost Tools of Learning.
- With these tools, a graduate of Stratford Classical Christian Academy will be able to pursue any field or discipline with confidence, discernment, and with a strong Biblical worldview.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance is offered to many families. We are looking for families who are committed to giving their children a classical Christian education.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sidney Henriquez|
|Admissions Associate||Eva Black|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cherry HillGrades: PK-12 | 334 students
5 Carnegie Plaza
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
BarringtonGrades: PK-12 | 234 students
500 Clements Bridge Road
Barrington, NJ 08007
Haddon HeightsGrades: PK-12 | 210 students
300 Station Avenue
Haddon Heights, NJ 08035
PhiladelphiaGrades: 9-12 | 833 students
1736 S 10th St
Philadelphia, PA 19148
5552 Route 70
Merchantville, NJ 08109
How many kids do you know that can say "I live going to school" and really mean it? Sadly, not many... But I know I can. I love the way we open every class in prayer. The curriculum is challenging; it challenges me to work hard and give it my absolute best. Only through challenges do you improve. You can't get far in learning when the material is not challenging you to use your brain to it's fullest potential. I especially love the relationship I have with my teachers. I truly believe they actually care about me, they care about my education. They don't complain "ugh, these high school kids..." they truly care about us. They want to know that we have a bright furure full of opportunities presesnted by God alone. They care abour us, and I trust them. I don't think of them as simply my teachers... I think of them as my role models; my trusty guides...true Godly leaders who pray for me throughout this journey through High School. This school is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I encourage you to enroll your children. I know that I love starting a new school year and knowing there are new friends for me to make. This school is worth investing in, for out of it come a Legacy of Christian Leaders.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Madip
There's very little not to like about this school - strong Biblical curriculum, tremendous academics and teaching methods, caring and involved staff (which is probably an understatement), and true community among parents, students, and staff.
- Posted by Parent - publi
Our 3 children started attending K through 5th this year; we have noticed a change in their love for learning these past 6 months. We're so excited to see them learn to reason...to think. Not only are the academics strong, the teachers and staff truly care for and love the students. This is an outstanding community.
- Posted by Parent - tmboo
The top notch academics, coupled with true Christian environment is second to none. We LOVE SCCA!
- Posted by Parent - herna
The theology is sound, the academics second to none, the staff caring, and the atmosphere exceptional. We cannot recommend SCCA enough. They are truly on a mission to raise up the future of Christian leadership.
- Posted by Parent - pokad
Stratford Classical Christian is a K-12 school. The school has an excellent academic program that uses the three stages of the trivium(grammar, logic, rhetoric) as its central methodology. I encourage you to watch the information video found on the homepage. Also take advantage of looking at their public facebook page that will give you glimpse into the daily life of the school.
- Posted by Administrator - ralph
My 4 children attend this school and the teachers are amazing. I am convinced the Classical method is the best way to train my children.
- Posted by Parent - calvi