Suncoast Waldorf School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (727) 786-8311
- A holistic, artistic, nature-based curriculum that addresses the Whole Child.
- The Suncoast Waldorf School of Tampa Bay serves Nursery through Middle school in a developmentally appropriate way.
- Early Childhood children are shielded from overstimulation and forced academics, and experience days filled with rhythm, imagination and plenty of time outdoors.
- Grades students experienced learning and the world of academics with their Whole Self -- every things is taught using the Head, the Hands, and the Heart. German, Spanish, Handwork, Movement and Music are taught weekly.
Suncoast Waldorf School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-7|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$200|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(no logos, tank tops, short shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Step Up and other financial award accepted|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kate Garland|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Fencing, Gymnastics, Sailing, TennisBasketball, Fencing,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- Waldorf education is now the fastest growing, non-sectarian, independent educational movement in the world, offering the full range of education for children from 3 to 18 years of age. Waldorf schools, always begun by groups of parents and teachers, are now found in 83 different countries. Each school is autonomous but is linked to all other Waldorf schools through the common vision that this schooling can help children to become free-thinking, socially-responsible, and strong-willed adults.
- Learning at Suncoast Waldorf School is an imaginative, enlivening and creative process. By creating an environment that balances the academic, artistic and practical disciplines the school fosters a life-long love of learning, enables students to develop self-confidence, creative and critical thinking skills. Our graduates have a sense of moral purpose and a sympathetic interest in the world and the lives of others.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palm Harbor Grades: NS-12 | 35 students
2109 Nebraska Ave
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
(727) 781-1234 2.1 NS-12
- Palm Harbor Grades: K-8 | 363 students
1551 Belcher Road
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
(727) 781-3808 0.8 K-8
- Clearwater Grades: K-12 | 594 students
2655 Ulmerton Road - Suite 402
Clearwater, FL 33762
(727) 531-2481 11.8 K-12
- Clearwater Grades: PK-8 | 499 students
1350 Court St
Clearwater, FL 33756
(727) 461-1200 6.3 PK-8
This school has a wonderful enviorment for any child. It is a private education that focuses on teaching through the creative arts, stories, and hands-on curriculum. Waldorf schools are international private non-profit schools. This school is helping to reform education all over the world. Many Google and Apple executives send their children to Waldorf Schools. The school does not assign homework because they feel the children should enjoy their quality time at home. Children that attend this school grow up to love school because of the way they are taught here. My daughter jumps out of bed in the morning excited because she can't wait to get there. Read more on the schools website suncoastwaldorf.org.
- Posted by Parent - chris
When my daughter started complaining that she didn't want to go to her Westchase school anymore - we knew she was getting bored. We looked at private educations and liked the way that the Waldorf schools taught in ways that gave children a love for learning. My daughter started the mixed age Kindergarten which includes ages 3-6 years old. The teachers are loving and nice and it took my daughter about 2 minutes to adjust to the new setting. Research the school, visit their website and then visit the school for yourself - you will quickly see it is unlike any other school.
- Posted by Parent - akali
This school is what we''ve been looking for all along. Finally, a place that's not all about forcing things down kids'' throats, but about letting kids be kids and teaching them a lifelong PASSION for learning. When your child asks you when summer vacation is over so they can go back to school - you know they''re doing something right. My children have never been happier, learning things with their heads, hearts and hands. Love, love, love the school!
- Posted by Parent - chris
My daughter has attended Suncoast Waldorf School for five years. I chose Suncoast Waldorf, because it was the first time that I felt my daughter was treated like a child not a number. She is valued for her gifts and her creative spirit is fostered. She loves school and is excited about learning!
- Posted by Parent - kaitl
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.