Sylva Bay Academy Inc
- Sylva-Bay Academy strives to enhance our academics environment to promote excellence in education to such a level that parents, patrons, and community leaders will be excited to invest their time and resources.
- In addition to academics, Sylva-Bay Academy hopes to reflect an environment of integrity, respect, and encouragement so that all students may realize their potential for growth in meeting their personal goals.
- Sylva-Bay Academy's mission is to provide an educational environment in which each student's God-given potential is fully molded and enhanced in all area of development, therefore yielding citizens whose aims and productivity will be conducive to our ever-changing society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Total Students||294 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average ACT score||21|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Softball, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Heidelberg Grades: PK-12 | 162 students
1312 Academy Drive
Heidelberg, MS 39439
(601)787-4589 20.4 PK-12
- Mendenhall Grades: PK-12 | 485 students
124 Academy Cir
Mendenhall, MS 39114
(601)847-1395 29 PK-12
August 14, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
August 14, 2018
Your religion matters to you. You want your child to attend a school which will combine academics and religious education. Here is an overview of what is available together with some links to denominational web sites.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.