Talk Institute & School
The TALK Institute and School is the nation's most progressive center for the education of children with autism and language disorders outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. As teachers, therapists and researchers we are at the forefront of a new, more accurate and person-centered understanding of autism -- one that presents autism as a sensory-based movement disorder profoundly affecting language, social interaction and praxis.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 19 students
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Speech and Language
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Mollie Miller, M.S. Ed
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Operates 11 Months out of the Year, September - July
- Our Staff:
- Each class consists of a full-time:
- Speech-language pathologist
- Occupational therapist
- Special education teacher
- Teaching assistant
- Small class sizes to maximize the gains in all areas of language and academics
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Talk Institute & School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Don't Need Financial Aid? Step to the Front of the Line!
The fallout of the economic and financial meltdown of 2009 was far reaching. Private schools did not escape the consequences either. But that may be a good thing for you.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
July 20, 2022School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.