The Abbie School
- The Abbie School's staff takes great pride in providing an education that is inclusive of many diverse children with a wide range of developmental needs.
- We offer data driven instruction,which is linked to college and career ready standards (Common Core), and modified for learners with diverse and special needs when it is in the best interest of the child.
- Scholars also participate in social skills groups based on the principles of Social Thinking.
- Children with learning individualities, as well as gifted and accelerated students excel in our unique family environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships and financial available. A majority of scholars are fully funded.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Liz Gallagher|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Moore|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Computer Class, Home Economics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Drama Club, Orchestra, Photography
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We offer small classes which allow our students to progress at their own pace while developing lasting childhood friends. Due to the diverse scope of the Tuller Method of education, all children have the opportunity to become successful scholars. We believe that all children are able to excel when given a loving environment to explore and learn about the world in which they live.
- Students are taught the core subjects of math, science, reading, writing and social studies. They also participate in physical education, computer technology and various electives. In order to provide students with the environment needed to succeed, classrooms accommodate a maximum of 12 students. Each student is challenged to excel to the best of his or her ability. Children of all learning abilities are accepted at Tuller School, including students who are: gifted, high-functioning autistic, ADHD and ADD.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TucsonGrades: 1-12 | 38 students
2700 S 8th Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85713
- TucsonGrades: K-12
6000 N Camino De La Tierra
Tucson, AZ 85741
- TucsonGrades: PK-8 | 456 students
8560 N Shannon Road
Tucson, AZ 85742
- TucsonGrades: K-8 | 351 students
602 N Wilmot Rd
Tucson, AZ 85711
- TucsonGrades: K-6 | 32 students
510 S Highland Ave
Tucson, AZ 85719
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.