The American Boychoir School
- Founded in 1937 and based in Princeton, New Jersey, The American Boychoir is the nation’s most widely touring and frequently performing choral ensemble, averaging 150 performances annually, including regular performances with some of the world’s finest orchestras.
- Its members – boys in grades 5 through 8 - come from around the country to pursue a rigorous academic and musical curriculum at The American Boychoir School, the only non-sectarian residential boys’ choir school in the country.
- The students represent 20 states in the U.S., as well as the countries of Colombia, South Korea and Switzerland.
- The School’s graduates attend some of the finest high schools in the country – public and private – including Andover Academy, Choate Rosemary Hall, Concord Academy, The Hun School, The Lawrenceville School, St. Paul’s School and Woodberry Forest.
- The School’s alumni go on to careers in business, the professions and government, as well as music and the arts.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||KP Weseloh|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 644 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
(212)812-8521 48.5 K-12
- Newark Grades: K-8 | 194 students
366 E Kinney St
Newark, NJ 07105
(973)589-0108 38.7 K-8
- Rindge Grades: 3-10 | 21 students
28 Patey Circle
Rindge, NH 03461
(603)899-3325 218.7 3-10
These boys are the best and I love their voices , prestigious school ,keep up the good work
- Posted by Student/Alumni - KwaZulu
This school provides world-class music education, touring experience, and academics with a very good teacher to student ratio. My son loves it. Perfect for boys who really love to sing.
- Posted by Parent - ljcar