The American Boychoir School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Founded in 1937 and based in Princeton, New Jersey, The American Boychoir is the nation’s most widely touring and frequently performing choral ensemble, averaging 150 performances annually, including regular performances with some of the world’s finest orchestras.
- Its members – boys in grades 5 through 8 - come from around the country to pursue a rigorous academic and musical curriculum at The American Boychoir School, the only non-sectarian residential boys’ choir school in the country.
- The students represent 20 states in the U.S., as well as the countries of Colombia, South Korea and Switzerland.
- The School’s graduates attend some of the finest high schools in the country – public and private – including Andover Academy, Choate Rosemary Hall, Concord Academy, The Hun School, The Lawrenceville School, St. Paul’s School and Woodberry Forest.
- The School’s alumni go on to careers in business, the professions and government, as well as music and the arts.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||KP Weseloh|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: K-8 | 225 students
366 E Kinney St
Newark, NJ 07105
(973)589-0108 38.7 K-8
- Wilmington Grades: PK-12 | 102 students
6201 Kennett Pike
Wilmington, DE 19807
(302)571-0230 60.3 PK-12
These boys are the best and I love their voices , prestigious school ,keep up the good work
- Posted by Student/Alumni - KwaZulu
This school provides world-class music education, touring experience, and academics with a very good teacher to student ratio. My son loves it. Perfect for boys who really love to sing.
- Posted by Parent - ljcar
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.