The Aquinas Institute of Rochester
- The Aquinas Institute of Rochester is a Catholic, private, college preparatory, co-educational school educating in the Basilian tradition.
- Our mission is to teach all students goodness, discipline, and knowledge, supported through gospel values, within a comprehensive curricular and co-curricular program that will prepare them to be responsible and caring citizens.
- At Aquinas, our goal is to offer our students a well-rounded education, with the latest in educational technology.
- We believe that their education extends beyond the classroom, to all aspects of their lives.
- The resources and facilities at Aquinas offer students state-of-the-art technology in a traditional and historical setting.
- With the latest in computer technology, a new fine art center and a new athletic complex, the campus at Aquinas is ever-changing to meet our students' needs.
- Aquinas students are offered numerous opportunities to grow educationally, socially and spiritually. Aquinas graduates are prepared for college and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||781 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Choir, Advanced French - Dual Credit, Advanced Health - Dual Credit, Advanced Spanish Level 1 - Dual Credit, Advanced Spanish Level 2 - Dual Credit, AP American Government and Politics, AP American History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature, AP Language and Composition, AP Macroeconomics, AP Physics 1, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP World History, Criminal Justice I - Dual Credit, Entrepreneurship - Dual Credit, Fundamentals of Law - Dual Credit, Pre-Calculus Honors, Smart Money Decision Making - Dual Credit,|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Boxing, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arete - High School Yearbook, Big Brother/Big Sister, Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), DECA, Game Club, Le Cercle Francais, Maroon & White Newspaper, Masterminds, Mathletes, Middle School Student Government, Middle School Yearbook, National Honor Society (NHS), SSJ Women's Leadership Program, Student Council, Student Recruitment
Arts and Music Programs:
AQ Dance, AQ Dance Company, AQ Theatre, AQ TV/Morning Update, Band, Catawumpus Improv Group, Choir, Costume Crew, Stage/Tech Crew
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Quidditch Club, Ski Clu
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RochesterGrades: 7-12 | 418 students
125 Kings Hwy S
Rochester, NY 14617
- RochesterGrades: PK-6 | 292 students
1001 Lake Ave
Rochester, NY 14613
- TonawandaGrades: 9-12 | 267 students
39 Ohara Rd
Tonawanda, NY 14150
- PenfieldGrades: PK-12
2070 Five Mile Line Road
Penfield, NY 14526
- RochesterGrades: K-12 | 265 students
332 Spencerport Rd
Rochester, NY 14606
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.