The Aquinas Institute of Rochester
- The Aquinas Institute of Rochester is a Catholic, private, college preparatory, co-educational school educating in the Basilian tradition.
- Our mission is to teach all students goodness, discipline, and knowledge, supported through gospel values, within a comprehensive curricular and co-curricular program that will prepare them to be responsible and caring citizens.
- At Aquinas, our goal is to offer our students a well-rounded education, with the latest in educational technology.
- We believe that their education extends beyond the classroom, to all aspects of their lives.
- The resources and facilities at Aquinas offer students state-of-the-art technology in a traditional and historical setting.
- With the latest in computer technology, a new fine art center and a new athletic complex, the campus at Aquinas is ever-changing to meet our students' needs.
- Aquinas students are offered numerous opportunities to grow educationally, socially and spiritually. Aquinas graduates are prepared for college and beyond.
The Aquinas Institute of Rochester places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||781 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Choir, Advanced French - Dual Credit, Advanced Health - Dual Credit, Advanced Spanish Level 1 - Dual Credit, Advanced Spanish Level 2 - Dual Credit, AP American Government and Politics, AP American History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature, AP Language and Composition, AP Macroeconomics, AP Physics 1, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP World History, Criminal Justice I - Dual Credit, Entrepreneurship - Dual Credit, Fundamentals of Law - Dual Credit, Pre-Calculus Honors, Smart Money Decision Making - Dual Credit,|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Boxing, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arete - High School Yearbook, Big Brother/Big Sister, Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), DECA, Game Club, Le Cercle Francais, Maroon & White Newspaper, Masterminds, Mathletes, Middle School Student Government, Middle School Yearbook, National Honor Society (NHS), SSJ Women's Leadership Program, Student Council, Student Recruitment
Arts and Music Programs:
AQ Dance, AQ Dance Company, AQ Theatre, AQ TV/Morning Update, Band, Catawumpus Improv Group, Choir, Costume Crew, Stage/Tech Crew
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Quidditch Club, Ski Clu
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Grades: 6-12 | 267 students
125 Kings Hwy S
Rochester, NY 14617
(585)342-4000 3.2 6-12
- Rochester Grades: PK-12 | 506 students
1981 Clover Street
Rochester, NY 14618
(585)442-1770 6.5 PK-12
- Rochester Grades: PK-6 | 149 students
311 Flower City Park
Rochester, NY 14615
(585)458-3786 0.5 PK-6
- Rochester Grades: 6-12 | 777 students
1437 Blossom Rd
Rochester, NY 14610
(585)288-7120 5.7 6-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.