The Association For Metro Area Autistic Children
5.00 (1 review)
- Since 1961, The Association for Metro Area Autistic Children AMAC has provided a range of services for people of all ages with autistic-spectrum disorders, and for their families.
- AMAC uses the Applied Behavior Analysis method, the only scientifically-based and state-approved treatment of autistic-spectrum disorders.
- ABA relies on intensive behavioral intervention to teach targeted skills and behaviors, and has been proven to provide significant improvement in the lives of people with autistic and autistic-spectrum disorders.
- AMAC serves the entire Metro New York area. Our school program is designed to serve autistic, Asperger's and emotionally disturbed children 5-21 years of age with year round targeted educational programming.
- These are students who are unable to function successfully in public or standard school settings.
- Speech, occupational/physical therapy, art, music, counseling and parent training are provided in addition to academic education.
- The goal is the integration of children into mainstream education.
- AMAC's accent on rigorous data collection provides accountability and feedback for parents and staff.
- With the completion of our expansion, we are offering the only high school diploma program specifically for autistic teenagers in the Metro NY area.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 306 students
587 Main St
New York, NY 10044
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 646 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
BronxGrades: PK-12 | 312 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
BronxGrades: 7-12 | 820 students
4300 Murdock Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 280 students
219 Stanton Street
New York, NY 10002
Amac was an excellent choice for my child diagnosed with..PDD.nos..The class sizes are great student teacher ratio..The program is designed for the individual child.They also have a wonderful open door policy.My child loves Amac and we do too.
- Posted by Parent - grent
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?