The Association For Metro Area Autistic Children
5.00 (1 review)
- Since 1961, The Association for Metro Area Autistic Children AMAC has provided a range of services for people of all ages with autistic-spectrum disorders, and for their families.
- AMAC uses the Applied Behavior Analysis method, the only scientifically-based and state-approved treatment of autistic-spectrum disorders.
- ABA relies on intensive behavioral intervention to teach targeted skills and behaviors, and has been proven to provide significant improvement in the lives of people with autistic and autistic-spectrum disorders.
- AMAC serves the entire Metro New York area. Our school program is designed to serve autistic, Asperger's and emotionally disturbed children 5-21 years of age with year round targeted educational programming.
- These are students who are unable to function successfully in public or standard school settings.
- Speech, occupational/physical therapy, art, music, counseling and parent training are provided in addition to academic education.
- The goal is the integration of children into mainstream education.
- AMAC's accent on rigorous data collection provides accountability and feedback for parents and staff.
- With the completion of our expansion, we are offering the only high school diploma program specifically for autistic teenagers in the Metro NY area.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 306 students
587 Main St
New York, NY 10044
- BronxGrades: 7-12 | 820 students
4300 Murdock Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 300 students
219 Stanton Street
New York, NY 10002
- BronxGrades: PK-12 | 312 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
- New YorkGrades: UG | 89 students
25 E 104th St
New York, NY 10029
Amac was an excellent choice for my child diagnosed with..PDD.nos..The class sizes are great student teacher ratio..The program is designed for the individual child.They also have a wonderful open door policy.My child loves Amac and we do too.
- Posted by Parent - grent
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.