- Since 1961, The Association for Metro Area Autistic Children AMAC has provided a range of services for people of all ages with autistic-spectrum disorders, and for their families.
- AMAC uses the Applied Behavior Analysis method, the only scientifically-based and state-approved treatment of autistic-spectrum disorders.
- ABA relies on intensive behavioral intervention to teach targeted skills and behaviors, and has been proven to provide significant improvement in the lives of people with autistic and autistic-spectrum disorders.
- AMAC serves the entire Metro New York area. Our school program is designed to serve autistic, Asperger's and emotionally disturbed children 5-21 years of age with year round targeted educational programming.
- These are students who are unable to function successfully in public or standard school settings.
- Speech, occupational/physical therapy, art, music, counseling and parent training are provided in addition to academic education.
- The goal is the integration of children into mainstream education.
- AMAC's accent on rigorous data collection provides accountability and feedback for parents and staff.
- With the completion of our expansion, we are offering the only high school diploma program specifically for autistic teenagers in the Metro NY area.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 306 students
587 Main St
New York, NY 10044
BronxGrades: PK-12 | 312 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
MaspethGrades: 6-12 | 299 students
6002 Maspeth Avenue
Maspeth, NY 11378
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 646 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 162 students
309 East 45th Street
New York, NY 10017
Amac was an excellent choice for my child diagnosed with..PDD.nos..The class sizes are great student teacher ratio..The program is designed for the individual child.They also have a wonderful open door policy.My child loves Amac and we do too.
- Posted by Parent - grent
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.